There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Georgia!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Georgia
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Georgia students graduate with degrees in respiratory therapy. That means an estimated 266 respiratory therapists graduate from Georgia's 17 respiratory therapy schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Georgia with a respiratory therapy program is Georgia State University, which is located in Atlanta. In 2010, it was ranked 32nd nationwide. 37 students graduated with a degree in respiratory therapy from Georgia State University in 2010. The tuition rate at Georgia State University was $8,698 per year.
The second-ranked school in Georgia that has a respiratory therapy program is Armstrong Atlantic State University. Armstrong Atlantic State University, which was ranked 44th in the country in 2010, is located in Savannah. In 2010, 22 students graduated from Armstrong Atlantic State University respiratory therapy program. Armstrong Atlantic State University charged in-state students $4,510 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Georgia with a respiratory therapy program is Everest Institute-Decatur, which is located in Decatur. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. 13 students graduated with degree in respiratory therapy from Everest Institute-Decatur in 2010. The tuition rate at Everest Institute-Decatur was $21,609 per year.
Tuition at Georgia's respiratory therapy schools ranges from $21,609 per year to $1,863 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,387 per year. The Georgia respiratory therapy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Everest Institute-Decatur - located in Decatur, students are charged $21,609 per year
- Andrew College - located in Cuthbert, students are charged $12,138 per year
- Georgia State University - located in Atlanta, students are charged $8,698 per year
The following Georgia respiratory therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Athens Technical College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
- Okefenokee Technical College - located in Waycross, students are charged $2,268 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a Georgia school... what next?
The highest percentage of respiratory therapy graduates in Georgia pursue careers as a respiratory therapist. If you decide to work as a respiratory therapist in Georgia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,560 Georgia respiratory therapists as of 2010. In Georgia, the largest numbers of respiratory therapists work in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 1,890 respiratory therapists
- Burke County - 320 respiratory therapists
- Appling County - 220 respiratory therapists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of respiratory therapists is expected to grow by 35% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,620 respiratory therapists working in the Georgia then.
A respiratory therapist in Georgia makes an average of $50,410 per year. In 2010, however, some Georgia respiratory therapists earned as little as less than $32,570 per year or as much as more than $70,280 per year. A respiratory therapist in the following Georgia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Barrow County - $52,650 per year
- Russell County - $52,440 per year
- Floyd County - $52,370 per year
The following counties in Georgia have the lowest average salaries for respiratory therapists:
- Appling County - $41,660 per year
- Bulloch County - $42,280 per year
- Banks County - $44,170 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in respiratory therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Georgia
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||530||$44,490||12.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Georgia