There are schools offering social work degrees in Georgia!
Schools Offering Social Work Programs in Georgia
University of Georgia, which was ranked 15th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a social work program. It is located in Athens. 199 students graduated with a degree in social work from University of Georgia in 2010. Students at University of Georgia paid $8,736 per year in tuition fees.
Georgia State University, which is located in Atlanta, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a social work program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 82 students graduated from Georgia State University social work program. Tuition at Georgia State University was $8,698 per year.
Mercer University, which was ranked 32nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a social work program. It is located in Macon. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Mercer University social work program. Tuition at Mercer University was $30,560 per year.
Social work schools in Georgia, charge students an average tuition of $8,356 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,560 per year, or as little as $1,863 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Georgia social work schools were charged at the following schools:
- Mercer University - located in Macon, students are charged $30,560 per year
- LaGrange College - located in Lagrange, students are charged $22,208 per year
- Wesleyan College - located in Macon, students are charged $18,000 per year
The following Georgia social work schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Athens Technical College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College - located in Rome, students are charged $2,268 per year
- Macon State College - located in Macon, students are charged $2,354 per year
A social work degree from a Georgia school... what next?
A large number of Georgia social work graduates become social workers. In 2010, there were 3,710 social workers working in Georgia. In Georgia, the largest numbers of social workers work in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 2,040 social workers
- Russell County - 230 social workers
- Appling County - 210 social workers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of social workers is expected to grow by 22% by 2018. There are projected to be 5,590 social workers working in the Georgia then.
On average, social workers earn $45,320 per year. In 2010, however, some Georgia social workers earned as little as less than $24,870 per year or as much as more than $75,540 per year. The counties in Georgia with the highest average salary for a social worker are:
- Bryan County - $52,470 per year
- Barrow County - $48,270 per year
- Clarke County - $46,480 per year
On average, social workers earns the least in the following Georgia counties:
- Appling County - $38,670 per year
- Burke County - $38,670 per year
- Hall County - $39,180 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in social work and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as human resources or social work.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Social Work in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Social Work in Georgia
- Doctoral Degree in Social Work in Georgia
- Certificate in Social Work in Georgia
Curious what studying Social Work gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Child, Family, and School Social Workers||6,360||$37,830||5.0%|
|Healthcare Social Workers||3,710||$45,320||14.9%|
|Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers||1,010||$43,580||-10.6%|
|Social Workers, All Other||500||$59,840||0.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are social work related jobs in Georgia