There are schools offering sports management degrees in Georgia!
Schools Offering Sports Management Programs in Georgia
The top-ranked school in Georgia with a sports management program is University of Georgia, which is located in Athens. In 2010, it was ranked 15th nationwide. 59 students graduated with a degree in sports management from University of Georgia in 2010. Tuition at University of Georgia was $8,736 per year.
Georgia State University, which is located in Atlanta, is the second-ranked school in Georgia that has a sports management program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. 50 students graduated with degree in sports management from Georgia State University in 2010. Tuition at Georgia State University was $8,698 per year.
Kennesaw State University, which was ranked 32nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a sports management program. It is located in Kennesaw. In 2010, Kennesaw State University graduated 41 students from its sports management programs. Kennesaw State University charged in-state students $5,042 in tuition fees per year.
Sports management schools in Georgia, charge students an average tuition of $10,134 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $17,166 per year, or as little as $2,064 per year. In 2010, the sports management schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Reinhardt University - located in Waleska, students are charged $17,166 per year
- Brewton-Parker College - located in Mount Vernon, students are charged $17,130 per year
- Shorter University - located in Rome, students are charged $17,070 per year
The sports management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
- Clayton State University - located in Morrow, students are charged $4,566 per year
- Kennesaw State University - located in Kennesaw, students are charged $5,042 per year
A sports management degree from a Georgia school... what next?
A large number of Georgia sports management graduates become sports managers. If you decide to work as a sports manager in Georgia, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,390 Georgia sports managers as of 2010. The Georgia counties with the largest populations of sports managers are:
- Barrow County - 5,100 sports managers
- Brantley County - 250 sports managers
- Bryan County - 110 sports managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of sports managers is expected to grow by 8% by 2018. There are projected to be 20,590 sports managers working in the Georgia then.
On average, a sports manager earns a salary of $103,280 per year in Georgia state. However, this number is only an average. sports managers in Georgia had varying salaries from $31,870 to $155,030 per year in 2010. The following counties in Georgia have the highest average salaries for sports managers:
- Clarke County - $108,120 per year
- Brantley County - $107,130 per year
- Barrow County - $106,910 per year
A sports manager in the following counties in Georgia make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bulloch County - $69,440 per year
- Baldwin County - $73,860 per year
- Appling County - $75,600 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in sports management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or sports management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Sports Management in Georgia
- Certificate in Sports Management in Georgia
Curious what studying Sports Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Managers, All Other||6,390||$103,280||-35.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports management related jobs in Georgia