There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Georgia!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Georgia
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Georgia receive surgical technology certificates every year. That means an estimated 442 surgical technologists graduate from Georgia's 28 surgical technologist schools each year.
Everest Institute-Marietta, which was ranked 73rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a surgical technologist program. It is located in Marietta. 36 students graduated with a certificate in surgical technologist from Everest Institute-Marietta in 2010. Tuition at Everest Institute-Marietta was $15,414 per year.
The second-ranked school in Georgia with a surgical technologist program is Iverson Business School, which is located in Atlanta. In 2010, it was ranked 77th nationwide. In 2010, Iverson Business School graduated 10 students from its surgical technologist program.
The third-ranked school in Georgia that has a surgical technologist program is Albany Technical College. Albany Technical College, which was ranked 80th in the country in 2010, is located in Albany. In 2010, Albany Technical College graduated 32 students from its surgical technologist programs. The tuition rate at Albany Technical College was $2,268 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Georgia's surgical technologist schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,452 per year, though tuition can range from $15,414 per year to $1,863 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Georgia surgical technologist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Everest Institute-Marietta - located in Marietta, students are charged $15,414 per year
- American Professional Institute - located in Macon, students are charged $14,653 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Atlanta - located in Atlanta, students are charged $9,766 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Georgia surgical technologist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Athens Technical College - located in Athens, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Central Georgia Technical College - located in Macon, students are charged $1,863 per year
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from a Georgia school... what next?
Most people who graduate from surgical technologist school in Georgia go on to work as a surgical technologist. In 2010, there were 2,750 surgical technologists working in Georgia. In Georgia, the largest numbers of surgical technologists work in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 1,330 surgical technologists
- Burke County - 220 surgical technologists
- Bryan County - 210 surgical technologists
The government projects that the number of surgical technologists in Georgia will grow by 40%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,330 surgical technologists working in Georgia.
A surgical technologist in Georgia earns $37,490 per year on average. However, Georgia surgical technologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $21,350 per year to more than $60,480 per year in 2010. A surgical technologist in the following Georgia counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Baker County - $45,450 per year
- Barrow County - $40,500 per year
- Clarke County - $36,980 per year
The following counties in Georgia have the lowest average salaries for surgical technologists:
- Baldwin County - $28,270 per year
- Appling County - $30,930 per year
- Bulloch County - $31,770 per year
For more data regarding a career in surgical technology in Georgia and to compare salaries with various related fields such as x ray technology or health science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Georgia
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Georgia
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Georgia