There are schools offering visual communications degrees in Georgia!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in Georgia
Each year, roughly 0.4% of Georgia students graduate with degrees in visual communications. That means an estimated 955 visual communications professionals graduate from Georgia's 26 visual communications schools each year.
Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus, which was ranked 19th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Georgia that has a visual communications program. It is located in Atlanta. 98 students graduated with a degree in visual communications from Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus in 2010. Students at Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus paid $8,716 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Georgia with a visual communications program is Valdosta State University, which is located in Valdosta. In 2010, it was ranked 41st nationwide. In 2010, 17 students graduated from Valdosta State University visual communications program. Valdosta State University charged in-state students $5,406 in tuition fees per year.
Brewton-Parker College, which is located in Mount Vernon, is the third-ranked school in Georgia that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 54th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Brewton-Parker College graduated 1 students from its visual communications programs. Students at Brewton-Parker College paid $17,130 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of Georgia's visual communications schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $11,791 per year, though tuition can range from $29,570 per year to $2,064 per year. In 2010, the visual communications schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Savannah College of Art and Design - located in Savannah, students are charged $29,570 per year
- LaGrange College - located in Lagrange, students are charged $22,208 per year
- Spelman College - located in Atlanta, students are charged $22,010 per year
The visual communications schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Georgia were:
- Gwinnett Technical College - located in Lawrenceville, students are charged $2,064 per year
- Southeastern Technical College - located in Vidalia, students are charged $2,268 per year
- Albany Technical College - located in Albany, students are charged $2,268 per year
A visual communications degree from a Georgia school... what next?
Many Georgia visual communications graduates become a video editor, audio visual technician, and artist. 6,960 visual communications professionals were working in Georgia in 2010. Of these, 5,190 were graphic designers. In addition, 380 were video editors, and 1,020 were audio visual technicians. The largest populations of Georgia visual communications professional are working in the following counties:
- Barrow County - 4,990 visual communications professionals
- Burke County - 220 visual communications professionals
- Bryan County - 200 visual communications professionals
The government projects that the number of visual communications professionals in Georgia will grow by 15%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 14,060 visual communications professionals working in Georgia. The greatest growth for visual communications professional is predicted to be amongst Audio Visual Technicians, who are expected to increase by 23% by 2018.
On average, visual communications professionals earn a salary of $44,073 per year in Georgia state. However, this number is only an average. Visual communications professional in Georgia had varying salaries from $17,760 to $87,100 per year in 2010. Visual communications professionals in the following Georgia counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Murray County - $50,020 per year
- Barrow County - $44,568 per year
- Baldwin County - $40,230 per year
The following counties in Georgia have the lowest average salaries for visual communications professional:
- Appling County - $29,780 per year
- Brooks County - $29,790 per year
- Bibb County - $31,370 per year
On average, the highest paid visual communications professionals in Georgia were:
- Video Editor - $51,260 per year
- Graphic Designer - $48,760 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $41,490 per year
On average, the lowest paid visual communications professionals in Georgia were:
- Audio Visual Technician - $41,490 per year
- Artist - $34,780 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Georgia statistics regarding a career in visual communications. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in Georgia
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in Georgia
- Master's Degree in Visual Communications in Georgia
- Doctoral Degree in Visual Communications in Georgia
- Certificate in Visual Communications in Georgia
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Georgia
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||1,020||$41,490||-32.5%|
|Film and Video Editors||380||$51,260||245.5%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||370||$34,780||94.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in Georgia