There are schools offering forensic nursing programs in Hawaii!
Schools Offering Forensic Nursing Programs in Hawaii
Around 2.6% of Hawaii's graduates graduate from forensic nursing degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 584 forensic nurses graduate from Hawaii's 8 forensic nursing schools.
The top-ranked school in Hawaii with a forensic nursing program is University of Hawaii at Manoa, which is located in Honolulu. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. 145 students graduated with a degree in forensic nursing from University of Hawaii at Manoa in 2010. Tuition at University of Hawaii at Manoa was $8,095 per year.
The second-ranked school in Hawaii that has a forensic nursing program is University of Hawaii at Hilo. University of Hawaii at Hilo, which was ranked 47th in the country in 2010, is located in Hilo. 42 students graduated with degree in forensic nursing from University of Hawaii at Hilo in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Hawaii at Hilo was $5,416 per year.
The third-ranked school in Hawaii that has a forensic nursing program is Hawaii Pacific University. Hawaii Pacific University, which was ranked 47th in the country in 2010, is located in Honolulu. 215 students graduated with degree in forensic nursing from Hawaii Pacific University in 2010. The tuition rate at Hawaii Pacific University was $15,820 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Hawaii's forensic nursing schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $6,255 per year, though tuition can range from $15,820 per year to $2,172 per year. In 2010, the forensic nursing schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Hawaii were:
- Hawaii Pacific University - located in Honolulu, students are charged $15,820 per year
- University of Phoenix-Hawaii Campus - located in Honolulu, students are charged $11,880 per year
- University of Hawaii at Manoa - located in Honolulu, students are charged $8,095 per year
The following Hawaii forensic nursing schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Kauai Community College - located in Lihue, students are charged $2,172 per year
- Kapiolani Community College - located in Honolulu, students are charged $2,172 per year
- University of Hawaii Maui College - located in Kahului, students are charged $2,238 per year
A forensic nursing degree from a Hawaii school... what next?
The highest percentage of forensic nursing graduates in Hawaii pursue careers as a forensic nurse. In 2010, there were 150 forensic nurses working in Hawaii. In Hawaii, the largest numbers of forensic nurses work in the following counties:
- Honolulu County - 110 forensic nurses
- Hawaii County - 40 forensic nurses
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of forensic nurses is expected to grow by 9% by 2018. There are projected to be 200 forensic nurses working in the Hawaii then.
On average, a forensic nurse earns a salary of $74,300 per year in Hawaii state. But, salaries for forensic nurses can vary. In 2010, forensic nurses made as little as less than $35,070 per year or as much as more than $103,820 per year in Hawaii. The following counties in Hawaii have the highest average salaries for forensic nurses:
- Honolulu County - $66,460 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Hawaii statistics regarding a career in forensic nursing and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse assisting or nurse practitioning.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Hawaii
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Hawaii
- Master's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Hawaii
- Doctoral Degree in Forensic Nursing in Hawaii
Curious what studying Forensic Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Hawaii
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||1,010||$98,380||20.2%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||150||$74,300||25.0%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||70||$52,030||40.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic nursing related jobs in Hawaii