There are schools offering allied health degrees in Idaho!
Schools Offering Allied Health Programs in Idaho
University of Idaho, which was ranked 34th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Idaho that has a allied health program. It is located in Moscow. In 2010, 3 students graduated from University of Idaho's allied health program. University of Idaho charged in-state students $5,402 in tuition fees per year.
Boise State University, which is located in Boise, is the second-ranked school in Idaho that has a allied health program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Boise State University graduated 118 students from its allied health program. Tuition at Boise State University was $5,300 per year.
Tuition at Idaho's allied health schools ranges from $23,100 per year to $2,038 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,168 per year. In 2010, the allied health schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Idaho were:
- Northwest Nazarene University - located in Nampa, students are charged $23,100 per year
- Brown Mackie College-Boise - located in Boise, students are charged $9,001 per year
- Idaho State University - located in Pocatello, students are charged $5,416 per year
The following Idaho allied health schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Eastern Idaho Technical College - located in Idaho Falls, students are charged $2,038 per year
- College of Southern Idaho - located in Twin Falls, students are charged $2,520 per year
- North Idaho College - located in Coeur D Alene, students are charged $2,658 per year
An allied health certificate from an Idaho school... what next?
allied health graduates in Idaho can go into a variety of professions such as home health aide, nursing assistant, psychiatric aide, occupational therapy assistant, and occupational therapy aide. In 2010, there were 17,530 allied health professional working in Idaho, including 2,310 certifed medical assistants, 3,770 home health aides, and 7,540 nursing assistants. The Idaho counties with the largest populations of allied health professional are:
- Ada County - 7,550 allied health professionals
- Blaine County - 2,050 allied health professionals
- Bonneville County - 1,390 allied health professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 22,680 allied health professionals will be working in Idaho. This would require the number of allied health professional to grow by 30%.
On average, allied health professionals earn $29,534 per year. But, salaries for allied health professional can vary. In 2010, allied health professional made as little as less than $15,300 per year or as much as more than $81,140 per year in Idaho. The following counties in Idaho have the highest average salaries for allied health professionals:
- Ada County - $32,909 per year
- Kootenai County - $26,817 per year
- Nez Perce County - $26,816 per year
The following counties in Idaho have the lowest average salaries for allied health professional:
- Bear Lake County - $23,633 per year
- Blaine County - $24,430 per year
- Bonneville County - $25,110 per year
On average, the highest paid allied health professionals in Idaho were:
- Occupational Therapy Assistant - $53,040 per year
- Physical Therapist Assistant - $46,410 per year
- Massage Therapist - $33,720 per year
On average, the lowest paid allied health professionals in Idaho were:
- Psychiatric Aide - $19,750 per year
- Occupational Therapy Aide - $17,750 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Idaho statistics regarding a career in allied health. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse anesthetist or nurse assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Allied Health in Idaho
- Bachelor's Degree in Allied Health in Idaho
- Master's Degree in Allied Health in Idaho
- Doctoral Degree in Allied Health in Idaho
- Certificate in Allied Health in Idaho
Curious what studying Allied Health gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Idaho
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||7,540||$22,390||16.2%|
|Home Health Aides||3,770||$20,230||6.5%|
|Physical Therapist Aides||420||$23,130||44.8%|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||190||$46,410||-24.0%|
|Medical Equipment Preparers||190||$30,430||72.7%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||160||$17,750|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||70||$53,040||16.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are allied health related jobs in Idaho