There are schools offering automotive training in Idaho!
Schools Offering Automotive Repair Programs in Idaho
Around 0.4% of Idaho's graduates graduate from automotive repair certificate programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 147 automotive mechanics graduate from Idaho's 8 automotive schools.
Boise State University, which is located in Boise, is the top-ranked school in Idaho that has a automotive program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, no students graduated from Boise State University's automotive program. Students at Boise State University paid $5,300 per year in tuition fees.
Brigham Young University-Idaho, which is located in Rexburg, is the second-ranked school in Idaho that has a automotive program. It received a ranking of 68th in the country in 2010. 7 students graduated with certificate in automotive from Brigham Young University-Idaho in 2010. Students at Brigham Young University-Idaho paid $3,660 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Idaho that has a automotive program is Idaho State University. Idaho State University, which was ranked 78th in the country in 2010, is located in Pocatello. 14 students graduated with certificate in automotive from Idaho State University in 2010. Tuition at Idaho State University was $5,416 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Idaho's automotive schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $3,711 per year, though tuition can range from $5,416 per year to $2,038 per year. In 2010, the following Idaho automotive schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Idaho State University - located in Pocatello, students are charged $5,416 per year
- Boise State University - located in Boise, students are charged $5,300 per year
- Lewis-Clark State College - located in Lewiston, students are charged $4,998 per year
The following Idaho automotive schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Eastern Idaho Technical College - located in Idaho Falls, students are charged $2,038 per year
- College of Southern Idaho - located in Twin Falls, students are charged $2,520 per year
- North Idaho College - located in Coeur D Alene, students are charged $2,658 per year
An automotive certificate from an Idaho school... what next?
Most people who graduate from automotive school in Idaho go on to work as an automotive mechanic. In 2010, there were 2,980 automotive mechanics working in Idaho. In Idaho, the largest numbers of automotive mechanics work in the following counties:
- Ada County - 1,220 automotive mechanics
- Blaine County - 360 automotive mechanics
- Bonneville County - 290 automotive mechanics
The government projects that the number of automotive mechanics in Idaho will grow by 15%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 4,610 automotive mechanics working in Idaho.
An automotive mechanic in Idaho makes an average of $37,690 per year. However, this number is only an average. automotive mechanics in Idaho had varying salaries from $17,870 to $98,720 per year in 2010. On average an automotive mechanic earns the most in the following Idaho counties:
- Nez Perce County - $50,390 per year
- Benewah County - $43,350 per year
- Bear Lake County - $40,830 per year
The Idaho counties with the lowest average salary for automotive mechanics are:
- Adams County - $31,490 per year
- Ada County - $35,180 per year
- Bannock County - $35,760 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Idaho statistics regarding a career in automotive repair. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as automotive or plumbing.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Automotive Repair in Idaho
- Certificate in Automotive Repair in Idaho
Curious what studying Automotive gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Idaho
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics||2,980||$37,690||-13.6%|
|Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists||1,450||$38,220||21.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are automotive related jobs in Idaho