There are schools offering criminal justice degrees in Idaho!
Schools Offering Criminal Justice Programs in Idaho
Each year, approximately 0.6% of Idaho graduates receive degrees in criminal justice. That means an estimated 237 criminal justice professionals graduate from Idaho's 9 criminal justice schools each year.
University of Idaho, which was ranked 34th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Idaho that has a criminal justice program. It is located in Moscow. In 2010, 21 students graduated from University of Idaho's criminal justice program. University of Idaho charged in-state students $5,402 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Idaho with a criminal justice program is Boise State University, which is located in Boise. In 2010, it was ranked 42nd nationwide. In 2010, 109 students graduated from Boise State University criminal justice program. Students at Boise State University paid $5,300 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Idaho that has a criminal justice program is Idaho State University. Idaho State University, which was ranked 78th in the country in 2010, is located in Pocatello. In 2010, Idaho State University graduated 4 students from its criminal justice programs. Students at Idaho State University paid $5,416 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Idaho's criminal justice schools ranges from $18,048 per year to $2,520 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,404 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Idaho criminal justice schools were charged at the following schools:
- ITT Technical Institute-Boise - located in Boise, students are charged $18,048 per year
- University of Phoenix-Idaho Campus - located in Meridian, students are charged $10,200 per year
- Idaho State University - located in Pocatello, students are charged $5,416 per year
The criminal justice schools in Idaho that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- College of Southern Idaho - located in Twin Falls, students are charged $2,520 per year
- North Idaho College - located in Coeur D Alene, students are charged $2,658 per year
- College of Western Idaho - located in Nampa, students are charged $3,096 per year
A criminal justice degree from an Idaho school... what next?
criminal justice graduates in Idaho can go into a variety of professions such as special agent, private detective, security guard, bailiff, and paralegal. 4,860 criminal justice professionals were working in Idaho in 2010. Of these, 1,610 were correctional officers. In addition, 410 were special agents, and were private detectives. The following counties have the largest number of Idaho criminal justice professionals:
- Ada County - 2,390 criminal justice professionals
- Bear Lake County - 520 criminal justice professionals
- Benewah County - 400 criminal justice professionals
The government projects that the number of criminal justice professionals in Idaho will grow by 17%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 6,130 criminal justice professionals working in Idaho. The greatest growth for criminal justice professional is predicted to be amongst Paralegals, who are expected to increase by 27% by 2018.
On average, criminal justice professionals earn a salary of $37,528 per year in Idaho state. However, this number is only an average. Criminal justice professional in Idaho had varying salaries from $15,970 to $119,310 per year in 2010. Criminal justice professionals in the following Idaho counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Benewah County - $43,090 per year
- Ada County - $42,340 per year
- Bear Lake County - $38,990 per year
Criminal justice professionals in the following counties in Idaho make the lowest salaries on average:
- Kootenai County - $27,440 per year
- Adams County - $30,610 per year
- Bonneville County - $32,150 per year
On average, the highest paid criminal justice professionals in Idaho were:
- Special Agent - $61,950 per year
- Paralegal - $39,540 per year
- Correctional Officer - $32,240 per year
On average, the lowest paid criminal justice professionals in Idaho were:
- Bailiff - $31,590 per year
- Private Detective - $28,260 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Idaho statistics regarding a career in criminal justice and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as criminology or forensic science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice in Idaho
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice in Idaho
- Master's Degree in Criminal Justice in Idaho
- Certificate in Criminal Justice in Idaho
Curious what studying Criminal Justice gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Idaho
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Private Detectives and Investigators||n/a||$28,260|
|Correctional Officers and Jailers||1,610||$32,240||34.2%|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||830||$39,540||36.1%|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||410||$61,950||7.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are criminal justice related jobs in Idaho