There are schools offering education degrees in Idaho!
Schools Offering Education Programs in Idaho
University of Idaho, which was ranked 34th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Idaho that has a education program. It is located in Moscow. In 2010, University of Idaho graduated 228 students from its education program. University of Idaho charged in-state students $5,402 in tuition fees per year.
The College of Idaho, which was ranked 39th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Idaho that has a education program. It is located in Caldwell. In 2010, 13 students graduated from The College of Idaho education program. The College of Idaho charged in-state students $21,380 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Idaho with a education program is Boise State University, which is located in Boise. In 2010, it was ranked 42nd nationwide. In 2010, 326 students graduated from Boise State University education program. Boise State University charged in-state students $5,300 in tuition fees per year.
Education schools in Idaho, charge students an average tuition of $7,311 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $23,100 per year, or as little as $2,520 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Idaho education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Northwest Nazarene University - located in Nampa, students are charged $23,100 per year
- The College of Idaho - located in Caldwell, students are charged $21,380 per year
- University of Phoenix-Idaho Campus - located in Meridian, students are charged $10,200 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Idaho education schools were charged at the following schools:
- College of Southern Idaho - located in Twin Falls, students are charged $2,520 per year
- North Idaho College - located in Coeur D Alene, students are charged $2,658 per year
- College of Western Idaho - located in Nampa, students are charged $3,096 per year
An education degree from an Idaho school... what next?
Postsecondary vocational teacher, postsecondary teacher, elementary school teacher, business teacher, and health specialties teacher are the professions of choice for a majority of education graduates in Idaho. Idaho had 14,580 education professionals in 2010. 440 of these education professionals were instructional coordinators, 260 were postsecondary vocational teachers, and 1,960 were postsecondary teachers. The Idaho counties with the largest populations of education professional are:
- Ada County - 3,900 education professionals
- Blaine County - 1,780 education professionals
- Bear Lake County - 1,400 education professionals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 12,920 education professionals will be working in Idaho. This would require the number of education professional to grow by 19%.
On average, education professionals earn a salary of $52,206 per year in Idaho state. But, salaries for education professional can vary. In 2010, education professional made as little as less than $16,260 per year or as much as more than $103,830 per year in Idaho. On average education professional earn the most in the following Idaho counties:
- Nez Perce County - $52,560 per year
- Blaine County - $50,645 per year
- Bonneville County - $49,587 per year
On average, education professionals earn the least in the following Idaho counties:
- Benewah County - $35,985 per year
- Kootenai County - $40,100 per year
- Adams County - $42,595 per year
On average, the highest paid education professionals in Idaho were:
- Postsecondary Teacher - $76,400 per year
- Business Teacher - $69,650 per year
- Education Administrator - $65,550 per year
On average, the lowest paid education professionals in Idaho were:
- Middle School Vocational Teacher - $36,890 per year
- Literacy Teacher - $34,470 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Idaho statistics regarding a career in education. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as teaching or elementary education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Education in Idaho
- Bachelor's Degree in Education in Idaho
- Master's Degree in Education in Idaho
- Doctoral Degree in Education in Idaho
- Certificate in Education in Idaho
Curious what studying Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Idaho
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||n/a||$69,650|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||7,620||$49,990||-23.4%|
|Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education||2,740||$49,050|
|Postsecondary Teachers, All Other||1,960||$76,400||-46.0%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||490||$37,440||188.2%|
|Vocational Education Teachers, Postsecondary||260||$51,330||-29.7%|
|Career/Technical Education Teachers, Middle School||260||$36,890|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||190||$51,190|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||190||$34,470|
|Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary||180||$56,270|
|Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary||130||$47,180|
|Computer Science Teachers, Postsecondary||70||$58,010|
|Education Administrators, All Other||50||$65,550|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are education related jobs in Idaho