There are schools offering forensic nursing programs in Idaho!
Schools Offering Forensic Nursing Programs in Idaho
Boise State University, which was ranked 42nd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Idaho that has a forensic nursing program. It is located in Boise. 220 students graduated with a degree in forensic nursing from Boise State University in 2010. Students at Boise State University paid $5,300 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Idaho that has a forensic nursing program is Brigham Young University-Idaho. Brigham Young University-Idaho, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Rexburg. In 2010, 368 students graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho forensic nursing program. Students at Brigham Young University-Idaho paid $3,660 per year in tuition fees.
Forensic nursing schools in Idaho, charge students an average tuition of $6,439 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $23,100 per year, or as little as $2,038 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Idaho forensic nursing schools were charged at the following schools:
- Northwest Nazarene University - located in Nampa, students are charged $23,100 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Boise - located in Boise, students are charged $18,048 per year
- Idaho State University - located in Pocatello, students are charged $5,416 per year
The forensic nursing schools in Idaho that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Eastern Idaho Technical College - located in Idaho Falls, students are charged $2,038 per year
- College of Southern Idaho - located in Twin Falls, students are charged $2,520 per year
- North Idaho College - located in Coeur D Alene, students are charged $2,658 per year
A forensic nursing degree from an Idaho school... what next?
The highest percentage of forensic nursing graduates in Idaho pursue careers as a forensic nurse. If you decide to work as a forensic nurse in Idaho, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 220 Idaho forensic nurses as of 2010. In Idaho, the largest numbers of forensic nurses work in the following counties:
- Ada County - 190 forensic nurses
The government projects that by 2018, the number of forensic nurses in the state of Idaho will grow to 380. This would require a 15% growth in the profession.
On average, forensic nurses earn $68,000 per year. In 2010, however, some Idaho forensic nurses earned as little as less than $30,940 per year or as much as more than $66,180 per year. On average a forensic nurse earns the most in the following Idaho counties:
- Ada County - $59,850 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Idaho statistics regarding a career in forensic nursing. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse assisting or nurse practitioning.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Idaho
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Idaho
- Master's Degree in Forensic Nursing in Idaho
Curious what studying Forensic Nursing gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Idaho
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||1,660||$75,500||35.0%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||220||$68,000||-57.7%|
|Forensic Science Technicians||70||$49,350||133.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic nursing related jobs in Idaho