There are schools offering accounting degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering Accounting Programs in Illinois
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a accounting program is Northwestern University. Northwestern University, which was ranked 7th in the country in 2010, is located in Evanston. In 2010, 75 students graduated from Northwestern University's accounting program. The tuition rate at Northwestern University was $40,223 per year.
Loyola University Chicago, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a accounting program. It is located in Chicago. In 2010, Loyola University Chicago graduated 150 students from its accounting program. Tuition at Loyola University Chicago was $32,114 per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois with a accounting program is University of Illinois at Chicago, which is located in Chicago. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. 229 students graduated with degree in accounting from University of Illinois at Chicago in 2010. Tuition at University of Illinois at Chicago was $12,053 per year.
Accounting schools in Illinois, charge students an average tuition of $12,047 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,223 per year, or as little as $2,194 per year. The Illinois accounting schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Northwestern University - located in Evanston, students are charged $40,223 per year
- Illinois Wesleyan University - located in Bloomington, students are charged $35,256 per year
- Augustana College - located in Rock Island, students are charged $32,235 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Illinois accounting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Elgin Community College - located in Elgin, students are charged $2,194 per year
- Prairie State College - located in Chicago Heights, students are charged $2,348 per year
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
An accounting degree from an Illinois school... what next?
Most people who graduate from accounting school in Illinois go on to work as an accountant. If you decide to work as an accountant in Illinois, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 42,820 Illinois accountants as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Illinois accountants:
- Cook County - 30,650 accountants
- Lake County - 3,430 accountants
- Menard County - 1,040 accountants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 65,680 accountants will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of accountants to grow by 18%.
An accountant in Illinois makes an average of $70,970 per year. But, salaries for accountants can vary. In 2010, accountants made as little as less than $27,280 per year or as much as more than $114,990 per year in Illinois. The counties in Illinois with the highest average salary for an accountant are:
- Cook County - $73,990 per year
- Lake County - $72,280 per year
- Marshall County - $65,890 per year
An accountant in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bureau County - $50,690 per year
- Macon County - $51,900 per year
- Vermilion County - $52,500 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in accounting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic accounting or business administration.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Accounting in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Accounting in Illinois
- Certificate in Accounting in Illinois
Curious what studying Accounting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||58,830||$35,460||-25.6%|
|Accountants and Auditors||42,820||$70,970||-20.2%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||18,470||$33,140||-3.7%|
|Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks||8,790||$39,330||-3.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are accounting related jobs in Illinois