There are schools offering advertising programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Advertising Programs in Illinois
The top-ranked school in Illinois with a advertising program is Dominican University, which is located in River Forest. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. In 2010, Dominican University graduated 9 students from its advertising program. The tuition rate at Dominican University was $25,710 per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois that has a advertising program is Monmouth College. Monmouth College, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Monmouth. 13 students graduated with degree in advertising from Monmouth College in 2010. The tuition rate at Monmouth College was $26,900 per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois that has a advertising program is Greenville College. Greenville College, which was ranked 45th in the country in 2010, is located in Greenville. In 2010, 10 students graduated from Greenville College advertising program. Tuition at Greenville College was $20,924 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Illinois' advertising schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $19,060 per year, though tuition can range from $26,900 per year to $2,750 per year. In 2010, the advertising schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Monmouth College - located in Monmouth, students are charged $26,900 per year
- Dominican University - located in River Forest, students are charged $25,710 per year
- Bradley University - located in Peoria, students are charged $25,424 per year
The following Illinois advertising schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Oakton Community College - located in Des Plaines, students are charged $2,750 per year
- Illinois State University - located in Normal, students are charged $11,417 per year
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign - located in Champaign, students are charged $13,096 per year
An advertising degree from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of advertising graduates in Illinois pursue careers as an advertiser. In 2010, there were 7,280 advertisers working in Illinois. In Illinois, the largest numbers of advertisers work in the following counties:
- Cook County - 5,160 advertisers
- Marshall County - 380 advertisers
- Adams County - 360 advertisers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 7,610 advertisers will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of advertisers to grow by 9%.
An advertiser in Illinois makes an average of $66,030 per year. However, Illinois advertisers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,280 per year to more than $148,870 per year in 2010. The following counties in Illinois have the highest average salaries for advertisers:
- Cook County - $72,030 per year
- Lake County - $69,790 per year
- Boone County - $63,690 per year
The following counties in Illinois have the lowest average salaries for advertisers:
- McLean County - $31,050 per year
- Marshall County - $35,910 per year
- Edwards County - $42,940 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in advertising. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or small business.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Advertising in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Advertising in Illinois
- Certificate in Advertising in Illinois
Curious what studying Advertising gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Advertising Sales Agents||7,280||$66,030||22.4%|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||3,010||$74,050||12.7%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||2,660||$87,680||28.5%|
|Writers and Authors||1,700||$61,090|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are advertising related jobs in Illinois