There are schools offering business administration degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Illinois
Approximately 3.2% of graduates in of Illinois receive business administration degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 12,024 general managers graduate from Illinois' 108 business administration schools.
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a business administration program is Northwestern University. Northwestern University, which was ranked 7th in the country in 2010, is located in Evanston. In 2010, 707 students graduated from Northwestern University's business administration program. Tuition at Northwestern University was $40,223 per year.
Loyola University Chicago, which is located in Chicago, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. 318 students graduated with degree in business administration from Loyola University Chicago in 2010. Loyola University Chicago charged in-state students $32,114 in tuition fees per year.
University of Illinois at Chicago, which is located in Chicago, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Illinois at Chicago graduated 397 students from its business administration programs. Tuition at University of Illinois at Chicago was $12,053 per year.
Tuition at Illinois' business administration schools ranges from $42,041 per year to $2,194 per year. But, the average tuition is $12,928 per year. The Illinois business administration schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $42,041 per year
- Northwestern University - located in Evanston, students are charged $40,223 per year
- Illinois Institute of Technology - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,442 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Illinois business administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Elgin Community College - located in Elgin, students are charged $2,194 per year
- Prairie State College - located in Chicago Heights, students are charged $2,348 per year
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
A business administration degree from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of business administration graduates in Illinois pursue careers as a general manager. In 2010, there were 67,340 general managers working in Illinois. The largest populations of Illinois general managers are working in the following counties:
- Cook County - 44,560 general managers
- Lake County - 5,110 general managers
- Menard County - 2,750 general managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 57,820 general managers will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of general managers to shrink by -1%.
On average, general managers earn $112,950 per year. But, salaries for general managers can vary. In 2010, general managers made as little as less than $26,900 per year or as much as more than $162,390 per year in Illinois. The counties in Illinois with the highest average salary for a general manager are:
- Lake County - $121,260 per year
- Cook County - $120,660 per year
- McLean County - $106,220 per year
The Illinois counties with the lowest average salary for general managers are:
- Vermilion County - $67,940 per year
- Clark County - $75,230 per year
- Adams County - $75,350 per year
For more data regarding a career in business administration in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as project management or administrative assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Illinois
- Certificate in Business Administration in Illinois
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||67,340||$112,950||6.3%|
|Administrative Services Managers||14,090||$66,520||14.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in Illinois