There are schools offering business degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering Business Programs in Illinois
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a business program is Northwestern University. Northwestern University, which was ranked 7th in the country in 2010, is located in Evanston. In 2010, Northwestern University graduated 1,320 students from its business program. Students at Northwestern University paid $40,223 per year in tuition fees.
Loyola University Chicago, which is located in Chicago, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a business program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. 784 students graduated with degree in business from Loyola University Chicago in 2010. Tuition at Loyola University Chicago was $32,114 per year.
University of Illinois at Chicago, which is located in Chicago, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a business program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. 1,026 students graduated with degree in business from University of Illinois at Chicago in 2010. Tuition at University of Illinois at Chicago was $12,053 per year.
Business schools in Illinois, charge students an average tuition of $12,923 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $42,041 per year, or as little as $2,194 per year. In 2010, the following Illinois business schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $42,041 per year
- Northwestern University - located in Evanston, students are charged $40,223 per year
- Lake Forest College - located in Lake Forest, students are charged $35,525 per year
The business schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Elgin Community College - located in Elgin, students are charged $2,194 per year
- Prairie State College - located in Chicago Heights, students are charged $2,348 per year
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
A business degree from an Illinois school... what next?
Chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst are the professions of choice for a majority of business graduates in Illinois. In 2010, there were 248,900 business professional working in Illinois, including 28,960 business analysts, 18,720 chief executive officers, and 67,340 operations managers. In Illinois, the largest numbers of business professional work in the following counties:
- Cook County - 172,350 business professionals
- Lake County - 16,100 business professionals
- Menard County - 7,340 business professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of business professionals is expected to grow by 10% by 2018. There are projected to be 286,150 business professionals working in Illinois then. Of these 286,150 business professionals, the government predicts that 36,080 will be business analysts, 19,000 will be chief executive officers, and 57,820 will be operations managers.
On average, business professionals earn $84,150 per year. In 2010, however, some Illinois business professional earned as little as less than $17,440 per year or as much as more than $162,390 per year. On average business professional earn the most in the following Illinois counties:
- Lake County - $88,661 per year
- Cook County - $87,748 per year
- McLean County - $82,611 per year
The following counties in Illinois have the lowest average salaries for business professional:
- Adams County - $64,085 per year
- Vermilion County - $67,589 per year
- Edwards County - $67,847 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in Illinois were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $154,790 per year
- Operations Manager - $112,950 per year
- Financial Manager - $112,410 per year
The business professionals with lowest average salaries in Illinois were:
- Business Professor - $61,330 per year
- Credit Counselor - $46,520 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in business. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Business in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Business in Illinois
- Certificate in Business in Illinois
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||67,340||$112,950||6.3%|
|Accountants and Auditors||42,820||$70,970||-20.2%|
|Administrative Services Managers||14,090||$66,520||14.2%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||6,860||$80,470||93.8%|
|Human Resources Managers||3,270||$105,220|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||2,720||$61,330||-35.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in Illinois