There are schools offering christian counseling degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering Christian Counseling Programs in Illinois
The top-ranked school in Illinois with a christian counseling program is Loyola University Chicago, which is located in Chicago. In 2010, it was ranked 28th nationwide. In 2010, Loyola University Chicago graduated 58 students from its christian counseling program. Tuition at Loyola University Chicago was $32,114 per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois with a christian counseling program is Dominican University, which is located in River Forest. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. 12 students graduated with degree in christian counseling from Dominican University in 2010. Dominican University charged in-state students $25,710 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois with a christian counseling program is Greenville College, which is located in Greenville. In 2010, it was ranked 45th nationwide. In 2010, Greenville College graduated 1 students from its christian counseling programs. Students at Greenville College paid $20,924 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Illinois' christian counseling schools ranges from $32,114 per year to $9,968 per year. But, the average tuition is $10,122 per year. In 2010, the following Illinois christian counseling schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Loyola University Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,114 per year
- Dominican University - located in River Forest, students are charged $25,710 per year
- Olivet Nazarene University - located in Bourbonnais, students are charged $25,590 per year
The christian counseling schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Moody Bible Institute - located in Chicago, students are charged $9,968 per year
- Christian Life College - located in Mount Prospect, students are charged $10,590 per year
- Lincoln Christian University - located in Lincoln, students are charged $13,680 per year
A christian counseling degree from an Illinois school... what next?
Most people who graduate from christian counseling school in Illinois go on to work as a counselor. 1,830 counselors were working in Illinois in 2010. In Illinois, the largest numbers of counselors work in the following counties:
- Cook County - 1,040 counselors
- Lake County - 340 counselors
- Boone County - 80 counselors
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,070 counselors will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of counselors to grow by 12%.
A counselor in Illinois earns $42,540 per year on average. In 2010, however, some Illinois counselors earned as little as less than $18,080 per year or as much as more than $74,550 per year. The counties in Illinois with the highest average salary for a counselor are:
- Champaign County - $49,140 per year
- Lake County - $44,640 per year
- Cook County - $42,830 per year
A counselor in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bureau County - $24,470 per year
- Boone County - $32,770 per year
- Clark County - $35,950 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in christian counseling and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as theology or psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Christian Counseling in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Christian Counseling in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Christian Counseling in Illinois
Curious what studying Christian Counseling gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Counselors, All Other||1,830||$42,540||24.5%|
|Directors, Religious Activities and Education||1,030||$34,120||24.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are christian counseling related jobs in Illinois