There are schools offering clinical psychology degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering Clinical Psychology Programs in Illinois
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Illinois receive clinical psychology degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 613 clinical psychologists graduate from Illinois' 13 clinical psychology schools.
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a clinical psychology program is Northwestern University. Northwestern University, which was ranked 7th in the country in 2010, is located in Evanston. 8 students graduated with a degree in clinical psychology from Northwestern University in 2010. The tuition rate at Northwestern University was $40,223 per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois that has a clinical psychology program is Wheaton College. Wheaton College, which was ranked 21st in the country in 2010, is located in Wheaton. 59 students graduated with degree in clinical psychology from Wheaton College in 2010. The tuition rate at Wheaton College was $27,580 per year.
Loyola University Chicago, which is located in Chicago, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a clinical psychology program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. 11 students graduated with degree in clinical psychology from Loyola University Chicago in 2010. Loyola University Chicago charged in-state students $32,114 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Illinois' clinical psychology schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $17,302 per year, though tuition can range from $40,223 per year to $9,987 per year. In 2010, the clinical psychology schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Northwestern University - located in Evanston, students are charged $40,223 per year
- Loyola University Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,114 per year
- DePaul University - located in Chicago, students are charged $28,858 per year
The clinical psychology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Eastern Illinois University - located in Charleston, students are charged $9,987 per year
- Argosy University-Schaumburg - located in Schaumburg, students are charged $19,812 per year
- Argosy University-Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $19,812 per year
A clinical psychology degree from an Illinois school... what next?
Most people who graduate from clinical psychology school in Illinois go on to work as a clinical psychologist. If you decide to work as a clinical psychologist in Illinois, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,460 Illinois clinical psychologists as of 2010. In Illinois, the largest numbers of clinical psychologists work in the following counties:
- Cook County - 2,980 clinical psychologists
- Lake County - 410 clinical psychologists
- Adams County - 130 clinical psychologists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 6,220 clinical psychologists will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of clinical psychologists to grow by 10%.
On average, a clinical psychologist earns a salary of $71,730 per year in Illinois state. In 2010, however, some Illinois clinical psychologists earned as little as less than $31,090 per year or as much as more than $126,180 per year. The following counties in Illinois have the highest average salaries for clinical psychologists:
- Cook County - $76,270 per year
- Boone County - $73,170 per year
- Edwards County - $69,390 per year
A clinical psychologist in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Adams County - $50,410 per year
- Clark County - $53,010 per year
- Marshall County - $57,330 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in clinical psychology. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or sports psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology in Illinois
Curious what studying Clinical Psychology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Mental Health Counselors||5,850||$40,350||134.0%|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||4,460||$71,730||-18.6%|
|Psychologists, All Other||290||$90,780||45.0%|
|Marriage and Family Therapists||220||$45,010||-31.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are clinical psychology related jobs in Illinois