There are schools offering computer engineering degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering Computer Engineering Programs in Illinois
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Illinois students graduate with degrees in computer engineering. In other words, every year an estimated 229 computer engineers graduate from Illinois' 14 computer engineering schools.
Northwestern University, which is located in Evanston, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a computer engineering program. It received a ranking of 7th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Northwestern University graduated 16 students from its computer engineering program. Students at Northwestern University paid $40,223 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in Illinois with a computer engineering program is University of Illinois at Chicago, which is located in Chicago. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. 17 students graduated with degree in computer engineering from University of Illinois at Chicago in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Illinois at Chicago was $12,053 per year.
Illinois Institute of Technology, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a computer engineering program. It is located in Chicago. In 2010, 40 students graduated from Illinois Institute of Technology computer engineering program. Illinois Institute of Technology charged in-state students $32,442 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Illinois' computer engineering schools ranges from $40,223 per year to $2,520 per year. But, the average tuition is $14,529 per year. The Illinois computer engineering schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Northwestern University - located in Evanston, students are charged $40,223 per year
- Illinois Institute of Technology - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,442 per year
- Olivet Nazarene University - located in Bourbonnais, students are charged $25,590 per year
The computer engineering schools in Illinois that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- John A Logan College - located in Carterville, students are charged $2,520 per year
- Rend Lake College - located in Ina, students are charged $2,550 per year
- Lincoln Land Community College - located in Springfield, students are charged $2,820 per year
A computer engineering degree from an Illinois school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer engineering school in Illinois go on to work as a computer engineer. 1,430 computer engineers were working in Illinois in 2010. The Illinois counties with the largest populations of computer engineers are:
- Cook County - 1,010 computer engineers
- Lake County - 80 computer engineers
- Marshall County - 60 computer engineers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of computer engineers is expected to grow by 2% by 2018. There are projected to be 1,410 computer engineers working in the Illinois then.
On average, a computer engineer earns a salary of $92,860 per year in Illinois state. But, salaries for computer engineers can vary. In 2010, computer engineers made as little as less than $33,440 per year or as much as more than $143,680 per year in Illinois. On average a computer engineer earns the most in the following Illinois counties:
- Cook County - $95,270 per year
- Champaign County - $83,000 per year
- Lake County - $82,420 per year
The Illinois counties with the lowest average salary for computer engineers are:
- Adams County - $62,900 per year
- Marshall County - $78,640 per year
- Lake County - $82,420 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer engineering in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as software engineering or electrical engineering, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Computer Engineering in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Computer Engineering in Illinois
- Certificate in Computer Engineering in Illinois
Curious what studying Computer Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Computer Hardware Engineers||1,430||$92,860||-25.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer engineering related jobs in Illinois