There are schools offering computer networking courses in Illinois!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in Illinois
Around 0.4% of Illinois's graduates graduate from computer networking degree programs every year. Thus, Illinois' 55 computer networking schools put out approximately 1,592 computer network administrators each year.
Illinois Institute of Technology, which was ranked 30th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a computer networking program. It is located in Chicago. 9 students graduated with a degree in computer networking from Illinois Institute of Technology in 2010. Tuition at Illinois Institute of Technology was $32,442 per year.
Elmhurst College, which was ranked 35th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a computer networking program. It is located in Elmhurst. 9 students graduated with degree in computer networking from Elmhurst College in 2010. Elmhurst College charged in-state students $28,660 in tuition fees per year.
Saint Xavier University, which is located in Chicago, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 38th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 0 students graduated from Saint Xavier University computer networking program. The tuition rate at Saint Xavier University was $25,520 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Illinois' computer networking schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,709 per year, though tuition can range from $32,442 per year to $2,194 per year. In 2010, the computer networking schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Illinois Institute of Technology - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,442 per year
- DePaul University - located in Chicago, students are charged $28,858 per year
- Elmhurst College - located in Elmhurst, students are charged $28,660 per year
The computer networking schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Elgin Community College - located in Elgin, students are charged $2,194 per year
- Prairie State College - located in Chicago Heights, students are charged $2,348 per year
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
A computer networking degree from an Illinois school... what next?
A large number of Illinois computer networking graduates become computer network administrators. Illinois had 13,070 computer network administrators in 2010. In Illinois, the largest numbers of computer network administrators work in the following counties:
- Cook County - 9,570 computer network administrators
- Lake County - 1,180 computer network administrators
- Marshall County - 260 computer network administrators
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 17,220 computer network administrators will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of computer network administrators to grow by 15%.
On average, computer network administrators earn $74,340 per year. The following counties in Illinois have the highest average salaries for computer network administrators:
- Cook County - $77,590 per year
- Lake County - $75,100 per year
- McLean County - $68,060 per year
On average, computer network administrators earns the least in the following Illinois counties:
- Edwards County - $50,210 per year
- Adams County - $50,330 per year
- Clark County - $51,740 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in computer networking and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Computer Networking in Illinois
- Certificate in Computer Networking in Illinois
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||580||$72,990||-52.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in Illinois