There are schools offering computer programming courses in Illinois!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in Illinois
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of Illinois receive computer programming degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 203 computer programmers graduate from Illinois' 27 computer programming schools.
DePaul University, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a computer programming program. It is located in Chicago. 50 students graduated with a degree in computer programming from DePaul University in 2010. The tuition rate at DePaul University was $28,858 per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Mount Prospect, which is located in Mount Prospect, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. The tuition rate at ITT Technical Institute-Mount Prospect was $18,048 per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois that has a computer programming program is ITT Technical Institute-Orland Park. ITT Technical Institute-Orland Park, which was ranked 74th in the country in 2010, is located in Orland Park. Tuition at ITT Technical Institute-Orland Park was $18,048 per year.
If you choose to attend a Illinois computer programming school, average tuition will be $7,981 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,352 per year to $28,858 per year. In 2010, the computer programming schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- DePaul University - located in Chicago, students are charged $28,858 per year
- Northwestern College - located in Chicago, students are charged $20,980 per year
- Northwestern College-Southwestern Campus - located in Bridgeview, students are charged $20,900 per year
The computer programming schools in Illinois that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
- Rend Lake College - located in Ina, students are charged $2,550 per year
- Southwestern Illinois College - located in Belleville, students are charged $2,604 per year
A computer programming degree from an Illinois school... what next?
A large number of Illinois computer programming graduates become computer programmers. If you decide to work as a computer programmer in Illinois, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 20,670 Illinois computer programmers as of 2010. The Illinois counties with the largest populations of computer programmers are:
- Cook County - 15,250 computer programmers
- Lake County - 1,170 computer programmers
- McLean County - 1,000 computer programmers
The government projects that the number of computer programmers in Illinois will shrink by -8%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 21,900 computer programmers working in Illinois.
A computer programmer in Illinois earns $74,220 per year on average. The counties in Illinois with the highest average salary for a computer programmer are:
- Cook County - $77,650 per year
- Lake County - $72,900 per year
- Marshall County - $69,570 per year
On average, computer programmers earns the least in the following Illinois counties:
- Edwards County - $47,290 per year
- Champaign County - $53,190 per year
- Adams County - $53,320 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in computer programming. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as computer programming or computer science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Computer Programming in Illinois
- Certificate in Computer Programming in Illinois
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||580||$72,990||-52.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in Illinois