There are schools offering construction management certificates in Illinois!
Schools Offering Construction Management Programs in Illinois
Each year, approximately 0.2% of Illinois graduates receive degrees in construction management. That means an estimated 563 construction managers graduate from Illinois' 33 construction management schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a construction management program is Western Illinois University. Western Illinois University, which was ranked 68th in the country in 2010, is located in Macomb. 59 students graduated with a degree in construction management from Western Illinois University in 2010. Western Illinois University charged in-state students $10,149 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois with a construction management program is ITT Technical Institute-Mount Prospect, which is located in Mount Prospect. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. 7 students graduated with degree in construction management from ITT Technical Institute-Mount Prospect in 2010. Tuition at ITT Technical Institute-Mount Prospect was $18,048 per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois with a construction management program is Lewis University, which is located in Romeoville. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. In 2010, Lewis University graduated 0 students from its construction management programs. Lewis University charged in-state students $23,780 in tuition fees per year.
Construction management schools in Illinois, charge students an average tuition of $6,657 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $23,780 per year, or as little as $2,352 per year. In 2010, the construction management schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Lewis University - located in Romeoville, students are charged $23,780 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Mount Prospect - located in Mount Prospect, students are charged $18,048 per year
- ITT Technical Institute-Orland Park - located in Orland Park, students are charged $18,048 per year
The construction management schools in Illinois that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
- Rock Valley College - located in Rockford, students are charged $2,400 per year
- John A Logan College - located in Carterville, students are charged $2,520 per year
A construction management degree from an Illinois school... what next?
A large number of Illinois construction management graduates become construction managers. 5,400 construction managers were working in Illinois in 2010. In Illinois, the largest numbers of construction managers work in the following counties:
- Cook County - 3,550 construction managers
- Lake County - 290 construction managers
- Adams County - 170 construction managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 10,660 construction managers will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of construction managers to grow by 13%.
On average, construction managers earn $98,520 per year. However, Illinois construction managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $32,910 per year to more than $164,770 per year in 2010. The counties in Illinois with the highest average salary for a construction manager are:
- Boone County - $108,830 per year
- Champaign County - $104,040 per year
- Cook County - $102,290 per year
The Illinois counties with the lowest average salary for construction managers are:
- McLean County - $76,340 per year
- Edwards County - $79,250 per year
- Adams County - $79,470 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in construction management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business management or real estate.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Construction Management in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management in Illinois
- Certificate in Construction Management in Illinois
Curious what studying Construction Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers||10,840||$75,710||-25.1%|
|Construction and Building Inspectors||3,110||$58,170||30.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are construction management related jobs in Illinois