There are schools offering cosmetology programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in Illinois
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a cosmetology program is Capri Oak Forest Beauty College. Capri Oak Forest Beauty College, which was ranked 62nd in the country in 2010, is located in Oak Forest. In 2010, 74 students graduated from Capri Oak Forest Beauty College's cosmetology program.
Concept College of Cosmetology, which was ranked 62nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a cosmetology program. It is located in Danville. In 2010, Concept College of Cosmetology graduated 17 students from its cosmetology program.
Vees School of Beauty Culture, which is located in East Saint Louis, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 63rd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Vees School of Beauty Culture cosmetology program. Tuition at Vees School of Beauty Culture was $0 per year.
Cosmetology schools in Illinois, charge students an average tuition of $865 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $21,000 per year, or as little as $2,472 per year. The Illinois cosmetology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Lincoln College - located in Lincoln, students are charged $21,000 per year
- Vatterott College - located in Quincy, students are charged $10,991 per year
- College of DuPage - located in Glen Ellyn, students are charged $4,128 per year
The following Illinois cosmetology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Highland Community College - located in Freeport, students are charged $2,472 per year
- John A Logan College - located in Carterville, students are charged $2,520 per year
- Rend Lake College - located in Ina, students are charged $2,550 per year
A cosmetology certificate from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of cosmetology graduates in Illinois pursue careers as a cosmetologist. In 2010, there were 15,820 cosmetologists working in Illinois. The largest populations of Illinois cosmetologists are working in the following counties:
- Cook County - 11,510 cosmetologists
- Lake County - 1,590 cosmetologists
- Menard County - 330 cosmetologists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of cosmetologists in the state of Illinois will grow to 26,560. This would require a 13% growth in the profession.
A cosmetologist in Illinois makes an average of $28,570 per year. However, Illinois cosmetologists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,090 per year to more than $55,360 per year in 2010. On average a cosmetologist earns the most in the following Illinois counties:
- Menard County - $31,750 per year
- Kankakee County - $30,220 per year
- Cook County - $29,250 per year
The Illinois counties with the lowest average salary for cosmetologists are:
- Bureau County - $20,870 per year
- Boone County - $21,630 per year
- Adams County - $22,730 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Cosmetology in Illinois
- Certificate in Cosmetology in Illinois
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||15,820||$28,570||-2.0%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||2,310||$25,110||-30.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in Illinois