There are schools offering dental assistant programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Dental Assisting Programs in Illinois
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Illinois receive dental assisting certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 631 dental assistants graduate from Illinois' 13 dental assistant schools.
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a dental assistant program is Everest College-Burr Ridge. Everest College-Burr Ridge, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Hinsdale. 85 students graduated with a certificate in dental assistant from Everest College-Burr Ridge in 2010.
The second-ranked school in Illinois that has a dental assistant program is Everest College-Merrionette Park. Everest College-Merrionette Park, which was ranked 75th in the country in 2010, is located in Alsip. In 2010, 38 students graduated from Everest College-Merrionette Park dental assistant program.
The third-ranked school in Illinois with a dental assistant program is Everest College-Chicago, which is located in Chicago. In 2010, it was ranked 75th nationwide. 200 students graduated with certificate in dental assistant from Everest College-Chicago in 2010. The tuition rate at Everest College-Chicago was $0 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Illinois' dental assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $1,324 per year, though tuition can range from $3,010 per year to $2,194 per year. The Illinois dental assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- City Colleges of Chicago-Wilbur Wright College - located in Chicago, students are charged $3,010 per year
- Lewis and Clark Community College - located in Godfrey, students are charged $2,912 per year
- Kaskaskia College - located in Centralia, students are charged $2,816 per year
The dental assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Elgin Community College - located in Elgin, students are charged $2,194 per year
- Illinois Valley Community College - located in Oglesby, students are charged $2,434 per year
- John A Logan College - located in Carterville, students are charged $2,520 per year
A dental assistant certificate from an Illinois school... what next?
Most people who graduate from dental assistant school in Illinois go on to work as a dental assistant. In 2010, there were 11,510 dental assistants working in Illinois. The following counties have the largest number of Illinois dental assistants:
- Cook County - 7,580 dental assistants
- Lake County - 1,110 dental assistants
- Boone County - 430 dental assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 16,020 dental assistants will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of dental assistants to grow by 29%.
On average, a dental assistant earns a salary of $33,270 per year in Illinois state. However, this number is only an average. dental assistants in Illinois had varying salaries from $20,610 to $57,570 per year in 2010. The following counties in Illinois have the highest average salaries for dental assistants:
- McLean County - $35,460 per year
- Cook County - $34,180 per year
- Champaign County - $33,410 per year
The following counties in Illinois have the lowest average salaries for dental assistants:
- Adams County - $27,300 per year
- Macon County - $28,970 per year
- Clark County - $28,970 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in dental assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as dental assisting or dental hygiene.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Dental Assisting in Illinois
Curious what studying Dental Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dental Laboratory Technicians||1,310||$37,140||-4.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental assistant related jobs in Illinois