There are schools offering design programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Design Programs in Illinois
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a design program is Loyola University Chicago. Loyola University Chicago, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Chicago. 9 students graduated with a degree in design from Loyola University Chicago in 2010. The tuition rate at Loyola University Chicago was $32,114 per year.
University of Illinois at Chicago, which is located in Chicago, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a design program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of Illinois at Chicago graduated 86 students from its design program. University of Illinois at Chicago charged in-state students $12,053 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois with a design program is Illinois Institute of Technology, which is located in Chicago. In 2010, it was ranked 30th nationwide. 59 students graduated with degree in design from Illinois Institute of Technology in 2010. The tuition rate at Illinois Institute of Technology was $32,442 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Illinois' design schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $11,977 per year, though tuition can range from $42,041 per year to $2,194 per year. In 2010, the design schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- University of Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $42,041 per year
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $36,150 per year
- Illinois Institute of Technology - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,442 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Illinois design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Elgin Community College - located in Elgin, students are charged $2,194 per year
- Prairie State College - located in Chicago Heights, students are charged $2,348 per year
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
For more data regarding a career in design in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion design or drafting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Design in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Design in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Design in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Design in Illinois
- Certificate in Design in Illinois
Curious what studying Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Commercial and Industrial Designers||1,890||$58,520||122.4%|
|Designers, All Other||1,060||$57,840||-0.9%|
|Set and Exhibit Designers||260||$44,540||-36.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are design related jobs in Illinois