There are schools offering educational leadership programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in Illinois
Around 1.6% of Illinois's graduates graduate from educational leadership degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 6,071 educational leadership professonals graduate from Illinois' 38 educational leadership schools.
Northwestern University, which is located in Evanston, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 7th in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a degree in educational leadership from Northwestern University in 2010. The tuition rate at Northwestern University was $40,223 per year.
Loyola University Chicago, which is located in Chicago, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Loyola University Chicago graduated 159 students from its educational leadership program. Tuition at Loyola University Chicago was $32,114 per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois that has a educational leadership program is University of Illinois at Chicago. University of Illinois at Chicago, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Chicago. In 2010, 214 students graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago educational leadership program. University of Illinois at Chicago charged in-state students $12,053 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Illinois educational leadership school, average tuition will be $18,156 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $7,492 per year to $40,223 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Illinois educational leadership schools were charged at the following schools:
- Northwestern University - located in Evanston, students are charged $40,223 per year
- Loyola University Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,114 per year
- DePaul University - located in Chicago, students are charged $28,858 per year
The educational leadership schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Northeastern Illinois University - located in Chicago, students are charged $7,492 per year
- University of Illinois at Springfield - located in Springfield, students are charged $8,101 per year
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville - located in Edwardsville, students are charged $8,401 per year
An educational leadership degree from an Illinois school... what next?
Preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator are the professions of choice for a majority of educational leadership graduates in Illinois. 19,740 educational leadership professonals were working in Illinois in 2010. Of these, 13,050 were middle school principals. In addition, 2,520 were preschool directors, and 3,160 were deans. The largest populations of Illinois educational leadership professonal are working in the following counties:
- Cook County - 11,630 educational leadership professonals
- Lake County - 1,490 educational leadership professonals
- Adams County - 950 educational leadership professonals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 19,970 educational leadership professonals will be working in Illinois. This would require the number of educational leadership professonal to grow by 10%.
educational leadership professonals in Illinois make an average of $83,515 per year. But, salaries for educational leadership professonal can vary. In 2010, educational leadership professonal made as little as less than $17,450 per year or as much as more than $149,900 per year in Illinois. Educational leadership professonals in the following Illinois counties make the highest salaries on average:
- Cook County - $91,378 per year
- Edwards County - $90,513 per year
- Clark County - $84,465 per year
Educational leadership professonals in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Boone County - $59,503 per year
- McLean County - $60,590 per year
- Bureau County - $63,395 per year
The educational leadership professonals with highest average salaries in Illinois were:
- Middle School Principal - $101,970 per year
- Dean - $98,740 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $76,160 per year
On average, the lowest paid educational leadership professonals in Illinois were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $76,160 per year
- Preschool Director - $57,190 per year
For more data regarding a career in educational leadership in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or special education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Educational Leadership in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in Illinois
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||13,050||$101,970||6.2%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||3,160||$98,740||-36.8%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||2,520||$57,190||52.7%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||1,010||$76,160||-23.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in Illinois