There are schools offering elementary education degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in Illinois
Around 1.0% of Illinois's graduates graduate from elementary education degree programs every year. Thus, Illinois' 46 elementary education schools put out approximately 3,863 elementary educators each year.
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a elementary education program is Wheaton College. Wheaton College, which was ranked 21st in the country in 2010, is located in Wheaton. In 2010, 33 students graduated from Wheaton College's elementary education program. Students at Wheaton College paid $27,580 per year in tuition fees.
Loyola University Chicago, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a elementary education program. It is located in Chicago. In 2010, Loyola University Chicago graduated 50 students from its elementary education program. Students at Loyola University Chicago paid $32,114 per year in tuition fees.
University of Illinois at Chicago, which is located in Chicago, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 29th in the country in 2010. 49 students graduated with degree in elementary education from University of Illinois at Chicago in 2010. University of Illinois at Chicago charged in-state students $12,053 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Illinois' elementary education schools ranges from $35,256 per year to $7,492 per year. But, the average tuition is $20,055 per year. In 2010, the following Illinois elementary education schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Illinois Wesleyan University - located in Bloomington, students are charged $35,256 per year
- Augustana College - located in Rock Island, students are charged $32,235 per year
- Loyola University Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,114 per year
The elementary education schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Northeastern Illinois University - located in Chicago, students are charged $7,492 per year
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville - located in Edwardsville, students are charged $8,401 per year
- Chicago State University - located in Chicago, students are charged $8,752 per year
An elementary education degree from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of elementary education graduates in Illinois pursue careers as an elementary educator. If you decide to work as an elementary educator in Illinois, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 80,820 Illinois elementary educators as of 2010. The Illinois counties with the largest populations of elementary educators are:
- Cook County - 50,600 elementary educators
- Lake County - 5,200 elementary educators
- Adams County - 3,160 elementary educators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of elementary educators is expected to grow by 16% by 2018. There are projected to be 98,430 elementary educators working in the Illinois then.
An elementary educator in Illinois earns $59,460 per year on average. However, Illinois elementary educators earned anywhere in the range from as less than $20,560 per year to more than $100,560 per year in 2010. On average an elementary educator earns the most in the following Illinois counties:
- Cook County - $65,090 per year
- Boone County - $56,120 per year
- Lake County - $55,610 per year
The following counties in Illinois have the lowest average salaries for elementary educators:
- Edwards County - $41,860 per year
- Vermilion County - $42,880 per year
- Macon County - $44,280 per year
For more data regarding a career in elementary education in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Elementary Education in Illinois
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||80,820||$59,460|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||13,050||$101,970||6.2%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||9,900||$57,150|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||5,470||$46,380||25.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in Illinois