There are schools offering fashion design courses in Illinois!
Schools Offering Fashion Design Programs in Illinois
Around 0.1% of Illinois's graduates graduate from fashion design degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 313 fashion designers graduate from Illinois' 12 fashion design schools.
Dominican University, which was ranked 35th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a fashion design program. It is located in River Forest. 16 students graduated with a degree in fashion design from Dominican University in 2010. Dominican University charged in-state students $25,710 in tuition fees per year.
Northern Illinois University, which was ranked 69th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a fashion design program. It is located in Dekalb. In 2010, Northern Illinois University graduated 43 students from its fashion design program. The tuition rate at Northern Illinois University was $11,676 per year.
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, which is located in Carbondale, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a fashion design program. It received a ranking of 70th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 20 students graduated from Southern Illinois University Carbondale fashion design program. The tuition rate at Southern Illinois University Carbondale was $10,468 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Illinois' fashion design schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $15,933 per year, though tuition can range from $36,150 per year to $2,814 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Illinois fashion design schools were charged at the following schools:
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $36,150 per year
- Dominican University - located in River Forest, students are charged $25,710 per year
- International Academy of Design and Technology - located in Chicago, students are charged $19,890 per year
The fashion design schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Harper College - located in Palatine, students are charged $2,814 per year
- College of DuPage - located in Glen Ellyn, students are charged $4,128 per year
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale - located in Carbondale, students are charged $10,468 per year
A fashion design degree from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of fashion design graduates in Illinois pursue careers as a fashion designer. 90 fashion designers were working in Illinois in 2010. The largest populations of Illinois fashion designers are working in the following counties:
- Cook County - 40 fashion designers
A fashion designer in Illinois makes an average of $58,630 per year. However, Illinois fashion designers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $31,490 per year to more than $108,600 per year in 2010. The counties in Illinois with the highest average salary for a fashion designer are:
- Cook County - $54,670 per year
For more data regarding a career in fashion design in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion merchandising or fashion design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion Design in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Design in Illinois
- Certificate in Fashion Design in Illinois
Curious what studying Fashion Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion design related jobs in Illinois