There are schools offering fashion merchandising degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering Fashion Merchandising Programs in Illinois
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of Illinois receive fashion merchandising degrees every year. Thus, Illinois' 8 fashion merchandising schools put out approximately 174 fashion merchandisers each year.
Dominican University, which is located in River Forest, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a fashion merchandising program. It received a ranking of 35th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 22 students graduated from Dominican University's fashion merchandising program. Dominican University charged in-state students $25,710 in tuition fees per year.
Olivet Nazarene University, which was ranked 71st nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a fashion merchandising program. It is located in Bourbonnais. 4 students graduated with degree in fashion merchandising from Olivet Nazarene University in 2010. Olivet Nazarene University charged in-state students $25,590 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois that has a fashion merchandising program is The Illinois Institute of Art-Chicago. The Illinois Institute of Art-Chicago, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Chicago. In 2010, 21 students graduated from The Illinois Institute of Art-Chicago fashion merchandising program. The Illinois Institute of Art-Chicago charged in-state students $18,066 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Illinois' fashion merchandising schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $12,845 per year, though tuition can range from $25,710 per year to $2,814 per year. The Illinois fashion merchandising schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Dominican University - located in River Forest, students are charged $25,710 per year
- Olivet Nazarene University - located in Bourbonnais, students are charged $25,590 per year
- International Academy of Design and Technology - located in Chicago, students are charged $19,890 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Illinois fashion merchandising schools were charged at the following schools:
- Harper College - located in Palatine, students are charged $2,814 per year
- Joliet Junior College - located in Joliet, students are charged $3,090 per year
- South Suburban College - located in South Holland, students are charged $3,473 per year
A fashion merchandising degree from an Illinois school... what next?
A large number of Illinois fashion merchandising graduates become fashion merchandisers. Illinois had 3,390 fashion merchandisers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Illinois fashion merchandisers:
- Cook County - 2,170 fashion merchandisers
- Lake County - 450 fashion merchandisers
- Boone County - 110 fashion merchandisers
The government projects that the number of fashion merchandisers in Illinois will shrink by -1%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,310 fashion merchandisers working in Illinois.
On average, fashion merchandisers earn $84,290 per year. But, salaries for fashion merchandisers can vary. In 2010, fashion merchandisers made as little as less than $33,810 per year or as much as more than $146,080 per year in Illinois. The counties in Illinois with the highest average salary for a fashion merchandiser are:
- Lake County - $86,160 per year
- Cook County - $85,280 per year
- Edwards County - $83,390 per year
On average, fashion merchandisers earns the least in the following Illinois counties:
- Menard County - $61,680 per year
- Adams County - $63,080 per year
- Boone County - $70,320 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in fashion merchandising and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as fashion or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion Merchandising in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Merchandising in Illinois
- Certificate in Fashion Merchandising in Illinois
Curious what studying Fashion Merchandising gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers||45,040||$52,630||-15.7%|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||10,420||$60,470||-11.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion merchandising related jobs in Illinois