There are schools offering forensic science degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering Forensic Science Programs in Illinois
Around 0.0% of Illinois's graduates graduate from forensic science degree programs every year. That means an estimated 65 forensic science technicians graduate from Illinois' 7 forensic science schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a forensic science program is Loyola University Chicago. Loyola University Chicago, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Chicago. 5 students graduated with a degree in forensic science from Loyola University Chicago in 2010. Tuition at Loyola University Chicago was $32,114 per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois with a forensic science program is University of Illinois at Chicago, which is located in Chicago. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. 10 students graduated with degree in forensic science from University of Illinois at Chicago in 2010. Tuition at University of Illinois at Chicago was $12,053 per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois with a forensic science program is Lewis University, which is located in Romeoville. In 2010, it was ranked 71st nationwide. 15 students graduated with degree in forensic science from Lewis University in 2010. Students at Lewis University paid $23,780 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Illinois forensic science school, average tuition will be $11,228 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,434 per year to $32,114 per year. In 2010, the forensic science schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Loyola University Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,114 per year
- Lewis University - located in Romeoville, students are charged $23,780 per year
- University of Illinois at Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $12,053 per year
The forensic science schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Illinois Valley Community College - located in Oglesby, students are charged $2,434 per year
- Shawnee Community College - located in Ullin, students are charged $2,610 per year
- Illinois Central College - located in Peoria, students are charged $2,790 per year
A forensic science degree from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of forensic science graduates in Illinois pursue careers as a forensic science technician. In 2010, there were 580 forensic science technicians working in Illinois. In Illinois, the largest numbers of forensic science technicians work in the following counties:
- Cook County - 400 forensic science technicians
- Menard County - 60 forensic science technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 820 forensic science technicians will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of forensic science technicians to grow by 4%.
On average, a forensic science technician earns a salary of $72,990 per year in Illinois state. However, this number is only an average. forensic science technicians in Illinois had varying salaries from $35,910 to $91,210 per year in 2010. On average a forensic science technician earns the most in the following Illinois counties:
- Menard County - $71,040 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in forensic science. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as crime scene investigation or forensic psychology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Forensic Science in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Forensic Science in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Forensic Science in Illinois
- Certificate in Forensic Science in Illinois
Curious what studying Forensic Science gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Forensic Science Technicians||580||$72,990||-52.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are forensic science related jobs in Illinois