There are schools offering gerontology programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Gerontology Programs in Illinois
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a gerontology program is Dominican University. Dominican University, which was ranked 35th in the country in 2010, is located in River Forest. In 2010, no students graduated from Dominican University's gerontology program. Dominican University charged in-state students $25,710 in tuition fees per year.
University of Illinois at Springfield, which is located in Springfield, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a gerontology program. It received a ranking of 67th in the country in 2010. 0 students graduated with degree in gerontology from University of Illinois at Springfield in 2010. University of Illinois at Springfield charged in-state students $8,101 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois with a gerontology program is Western Illinois University, which is located in Macomb. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. Students at Western Illinois University paid $10,149 per year in tuition fees.
Gerontology schools in Illinois, charge students an average tuition of $13,063 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $25,710 per year, or as little as $2,912 per year. The Illinois gerontology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Dominican University - located in River Forest, students are charged $25,710 per year
- Concordia University - located in River Forest, students are charged $24,396 per year
- National-Louis University - located in Chicago, students are charged $18,355 per year
The gerontology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Lewis and Clark Community College - located in Godfrey, students are charged $2,912 per year
- Northeastern Illinois University - located in Chicago, students are charged $7,492 per year
- University of Illinois at Springfield - located in Springfield, students are charged $8,101 per year
On average, gerontologists earns the least in the following Illinois counties:
- Cook County - $79,390 per year
- Lake County - $118,700 per year
For more data regarding a career in gerontology in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as nurse practitioning or gerontology, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Gerontology in Illinois
- Certificate in Gerontology in Illinois
Curious what studying Gerontology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||n/a||$94,760|
|Medical Scientists, Except Epidemiologists||n/a||$111,340|
|Social and Human Service Assistants||12,730||$29,610||42.9%|
|Health Diagnosing and Treating Practitioners, All Other||550||$66,560||-90.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are gerontology related jobs in Illinois