There are schools offering management courses in Illinois!
Schools Offering Management Programs in Illinois
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a management program is Northwestern University. Northwestern University, which was ranked 7th in the country in 2010, is located in Evanston. In 2010, Northwestern University graduated 42 students from its management program. The tuition rate at Northwestern University was $40,223 per year.
Loyola University Chicago, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a management program. It is located in Chicago. In 2010, Loyola University Chicago graduated 40 students from its management program. Loyola University Chicago charged in-state students $32,114 in tuition fees per year.
University of Illinois at Chicago, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a management program. It is located in Chicago. In 2010, University of Illinois at Chicago graduated 60 students from its management programs. Students at University of Illinois at Chicago paid $12,053 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Illinois management school, average tuition will be $12,316 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,194 per year to $40,223 per year. In 2010, the management schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Northwestern University - located in Evanston, students are charged $40,223 per year
- Loyola University Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,114 per year
- DePaul University - located in Chicago, students are charged $28,858 per year
The management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Elgin Community College - located in Elgin, students are charged $2,194 per year
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
- Illinois Valley Community College - located in Oglesby, students are charged $2,434 per year
A management degree from an Illinois school... what next?
Most people who graduate from management school in Illinois go on to work as a manager. Illinois had 67,340 managers in 2010. The Illinois counties with the largest populations of managers are:
- Cook County - 44,560 managers
- Lake County - 5,110 managers
- Menard County - 2,750 managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of managers is expected to shrink by -1% by 2018. There are projected to be 57,820 managers working in the Illinois then.
On average, managers earn $112,950 per year. However, Illinois managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $26,900 per year to more than $162,390 per year in 2010. The following counties in Illinois have the highest average salaries for managers:
- Lake County - $121,260 per year
- Cook County - $120,660 per year
- McLean County - $106,220 per year
The following counties in Illinois have the lowest average salaries for managers:
- Vermilion County - $67,940 per year
- Clark County - $75,230 per year
- Adams County - $75,350 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Management in Illinois
- Certificate in Management in Illinois
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||n/a||$94,760|
|General and Operations Managers||67,340||$112,950||6.3%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||44,190||$40,920||9.8%|
|Managers, All Other||43,790||$95,690||40.8%|
|Food Service Managers||8,040||$47,670||8.1%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||6,810||$59,140||37.9%|
|Industrial Production Managers||5,370||$86,220||-12.1%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||2,660||$87,680||28.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in Illinois