There are schools offering massage therapy programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Massage Therapy Programs in Illinois
Each year, roughly 0.4% of Illinois students graduate with certificates in massage therapy. That means an estimated 1,338 massage therapists graduate from Illinois' 42 massage therapy schools each year.
La James International College, which was ranked 66th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a massage therapy program. It is located in East Moline. In 2010, no students graduated from La James International College's massage therapy program.
The second-ranked school in Illinois with a massage therapy program is Alvareitas College of Cosmetology, which is located in Godfrey. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. 8 students graduated with certificate in massage therapy from Alvareitas College of Cosmetology in 2010.
Everest College-Burr Ridge, which was ranked 68th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a massage therapy program. It is located in Hinsdale. 53 students graduated with certificate in massage therapy from Everest College-Burr Ridge in 2010. Students at Everest College-Burr Ridge paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a Illinois massage therapy school, average tuition will be $3,814 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,352 per year to $20,980 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Illinois massage therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Northwestern College - located in Chicago, students are charged $20,980 per year
- Northwestern College-Southwestern Campus - located in Bridgeview, students are charged $20,900 per year
- Sanford-Brown College - located in Collinsville, students are charged $16,321 per year
The massage therapy schools in Illinois that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
- Illinois Valley Community College - located in Oglesby, students are charged $2,434 per year
- John A Logan College - located in Carterville, students are charged $2,520 per year
A massage therapy certificate from an Illinois school... what next?
A large number of Illinois massage therapy graduates become massage therapists. 2,720 massage therapists were working in Illinois in 2010. The largest populations of Illinois massage therapists are working in the following counties:
- Cook County - 1,810 massage therapists
- Lake County - 220 massage therapists
- Marshall County - 40 massage therapists
The government projects that the number of massage therapists in Illinois will grow by 21%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,800 massage therapists working in Illinois.
On average, a massage therapist earns a salary of $35,260 per year in Illinois state. However, this number is only an average. massage therapists in Illinois had varying salaries from $16,620 to $72,660 per year in 2010. On average a massage therapist earns the most in the following Illinois counties:
- Menard County - $40,690 per year
- Lake County - $39,940 per year
- Marshall County - $38,920 per year
A massage therapist in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bureau County - $25,010 per year
- Boone County - $29,000 per year
- Cook County - $35,510 per year
For more data regarding a career in massage therapy in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as hospitality or sports medicine, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Massage Therapy in Illinois
- Certificate in Massage Therapy in Illinois
Curious what studying Massage Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are massage therapy related jobs in Illinois