There are schools offering MBA programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in Illinois
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a MBA program is Northwestern University. Northwestern University, which was ranked 7th in the country in 2010, is located in Evanston. In 2010, 450 students graduated from Northwestern University's MBA program. Tuition at Northwestern University was $40,223 per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois that has a MBA program is Loyola University Chicago. Loyola University Chicago, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Chicago. 278 students graduated with degree in MBA from Loyola University Chicago in 2010. Tuition at Loyola University Chicago was $32,114 per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois that has a MBA program is University of Illinois at Chicago. University of Illinois at Chicago, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Chicago. 397 students graduated with degree in MBA from University of Illinois at Chicago in 2010. Students at University of Illinois at Chicago paid $12,053 per year in tuition fees.
Mba schools in Illinois, charge students an average tuition of $13,368 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $42,041 per year, or as little as $2,194 per year. In 2010, the MBA schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- University of Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $42,041 per year
- Northwestern University - located in Evanston, students are charged $40,223 per year
- Illinois Institute of Technology - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,442 per year
The MBA schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Elgin Community College - located in Elgin, students are charged $2,194 per year
- Prairie State College - located in Chicago Heights, students are charged $2,348 per year
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
A MBA degree from an Illinois school... what next?
A large number of Illinois MBA graduates become general managers. Illinois had 67,340 general managers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Illinois general managers:
- Cook County - 44,560 general managers
- Lake County - 5,110 general managers
- Menard County - 2,750 general managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of general managers in the state of Illinois will shrink to 57,820. This would require a -1% decline in the profession.
On average, general managers earn $112,950 per year. However, this number is only an average. general managers in Illinois had varying salaries from $26,900 to $162,390 per year in 2010. The following counties in Illinois have the highest average salaries for general managers:
- Lake County - $121,260 per year
- Cook County - $120,660 per year
- McLean County - $106,220 per year
The following counties in Illinois have the lowest average salaries for general managers:
- Vermilion County - $67,940 per year
- Clark County - $75,230 per year
- Adams County - $75,350 per year
For more data regarding a career in business administration in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business management or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in Illinois
- Certificate in Business Administration in Illinois
Curious what studying MBA gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||67,340||$112,950||6.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are MBA related jobs in Illinois