There are schools offering medical assistant programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in Illinois
University of St Francis, which is located in Joliet, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a medical assistant program. It received a ranking of 42nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 26 students graduated from University of St Francis' medical assistant program. The tuition rate at University of St Francis was $24,742 per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois that has a medical assistant program is Zarem Golde ORT Technical Institute. Zarem Golde ORT Technical Institute, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in Skokie. 37 students graduated with certificate in medical assistant from Zarem Golde ORT Technical Institute in 2010.
National Latino Education Institute, which was ranked 64th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a medical assistant program. It is located in Chicago. In 2010, 50 students graduated from National Latino Education Institute medical assistant program. Students at National Latino Education Institute paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Illinois' medical assistant schools ranges from $24,742 per year to $2,352 per year. But, the average tuition is $5,229 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Illinois medical assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- University of St Francis - located in Joliet, students are charged $24,742 per year
- Northwestern College - located in Chicago, students are charged $20,980 per year
- Northwestern College-Southwestern Campus - located in Bridgeview, students are charged $20,900 per year
The medical assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
- John A Logan College - located in Carterville, students are charged $2,520 per year
- Southwestern Illinois College - located in Belleville, students are charged $2,604 per year
A medical assistant certificate from an Illinois school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical assistant school in Illinois go on to work as a medical assistant. Illinois had 17,350 medical assistants in 2010. In Illinois, the largest numbers of medical assistants work in the following counties:
- Cook County - 11,180 medical assistants
- Lake County - 1,060 medical assistants
- Marshall County - 930 medical assistants
The government projects that by 2018, the number of medical assistants in the state of Illinois will grow to 20,830. This would require a 27% growth in the profession.
On average, a medical assistant earns a salary of $30,500 per year in Illinois state. However, Illinois medical assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $16,760 per year to more than $61,260 per year in 2010. The following counties in Illinois have the highest average salaries for medical assistants:
- Marshall County - $33,160 per year
- Cook County - $31,670 per year
- Kankakee County - $30,820 per year
On average, medical assistants earns the least in the following Illinois counties:
- Vermilion County - $24,270 per year
- Clark County - $24,510 per year
- Bureau County - $25,210 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in medical assisting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in Illinois
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in Illinois
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in Illinois