There are schools offering medical coding classess in Illinois!
Schools Offering Medical Coding Programs in Illinois
BIR Training Center, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a medical coding program. It is located in Chicago. In 2010, 9 students graduated from BIR Training Center's medical coding program.
The second-ranked school in Illinois with a medical coding program is Everest College-North Aurora, which is located in North Aurora. In 2010, it was ranked 72nd nationwide. 77 students graduated with certificate in medical coding from Everest College-North Aurora in 2010.
The third-ranked school in Illinois that has a medical coding program is Everest College-Burr Ridge. Everest College-Burr Ridge, which was ranked 72nd in the country in 2010, is located in Hinsdale. 103 students graduated with certificate in medical coding from Everest College-Burr Ridge in 2010. Everest College-Burr Ridge charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Illinois medical coding school, average tuition will be $3,591 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,352 per year to $20,900 per year. In 2010, the medical coding schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Northwestern College-Southwestern Campus - located in Bridgeview, students are charged $20,900 per year
- Rasmussen College-Illinois - located in Rockford, students are charged $13,560 per year
- Midstate College - located in Peoria, students are charged $13,200 per year
The medical coding schools in Illinois that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
- Rock Valley College - located in Rockford, students are charged $2,400 per year
- Highland Community College - located in Freeport, students are charged $2,472 per year
A medical coding certificate from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of medical coding graduates in Illinois pursue careers as a medical coder. Illinois had 7,090 medical coders in 2010. The Illinois counties with the largest populations of medical coders are:
- Cook County - 4,720 medical coders
- Marshall County - 310 medical coders
- Lake County - 280 medical coders
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of medical coders is expected to grow by 16% by 2018. There are projected to be 8,590 medical coders working in the Illinois then.
On average, medical coders earn $34,690 per year. However, this number is only an average. medical coders in Illinois had varying salaries from $17,530 to $62,690 per year in 2010. A medical coder in the following Illinois counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Macon County - $39,130 per year
- Lake County - $37,190 per year
- Vermilion County - $36,720 per year
On average, medical coders earns the least in the following Illinois counties:
- Edwards County - $26,780 per year
- Marshall County - $28,800 per year
- Clark County - $29,620 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in medical coding and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as administrative assisting or health information management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Medical Coding in Illinois
Curious what studying Medical Coding gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical Records and Health Information Technicians||7,090||$34,690||-19.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical coding related jobs in Illinois