There are schools offering ministry degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering Ministry Programs in Illinois
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a ministry program is Loyola University Chicago. Loyola University Chicago, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Chicago. 6 students graduated with a degree in ministry from Loyola University Chicago in 2010. Loyola University Chicago charged in-state students $32,114 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois that has a ministry program is Greenville College. Greenville College, which was ranked 45th in the country in 2010, is located in Greenville. In 2010, Greenville College graduated 9 students from its ministry program. Greenville College charged in-state students $20,924 in tuition fees per year.
University of Chicago, which was ranked 45th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a ministry program. It is located in Chicago. Tuition at University of Chicago was $42,041 per year.
If you choose to attend a Illinois ministry school, average tuition will be $11,802 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $9,968 per year to $42,041 per year. The Illinois ministry schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $42,041 per year
- Loyola University Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,114 per year
- Olivet Nazarene University - located in Bourbonnais, students are charged $25,590 per year
The following Illinois ministry schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Moody Bible Institute - located in Chicago, students are charged $9,968 per year
- Lincoln Christian University - located in Lincoln, students are charged $13,680 per year
- North Park University - located in Chicago, students are charged $19,960 per year
A ministry degree from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of ministry graduates in Illinois pursue careers as a minister. Illinois had 1,640 ministers in 2010. In Illinois, the largest numbers of ministers work in the following counties:
- Cook County - 1,190 ministers
- Lake County - 70 ministers
- Bureau County - 70 ministers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of ministers is expected to grow by 10% by 2018. There are projected to be 16,390 ministers working in the Illinois then.
A minister in Illinois earns $43,770 per year on average. But, salaries for ministers can vary. In 2010, ministers made as little as less than $17,330 per year or as much as more than $84,110 per year in Illinois. A minister in the following Illinois counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Edwards County - $51,320 per year
- Adams County - $49,080 per year
- Cook County - $45,300 per year
A minister in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Bureau County - $33,590 per year
- Lake County - $34,700 per year
- Boone County - $38,750 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in ministry. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as christian counseling or theology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Ministry in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Ministry in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Ministry in Illinois
Curious what studying Ministry gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Directors, Religious Activities and Education||1,030||$34,120||24.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ministry related jobs in Illinois