There are schools offering nutrition degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering Nutrition Programs in Illinois
Loyola University Chicago, which was ranked 28th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a nutrition program. It is located in Chicago. 4 students graduated with a degree in nutrition from Loyola University Chicago in 2010. Loyola University Chicago charged in-state students $32,114 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois that has a nutrition program is University of Illinois at Chicago. University of Illinois at Chicago, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Chicago. In 2010, University of Illinois at Chicago graduated 38 students from its nutrition program. The tuition rate at University of Illinois at Chicago was $12,053 per year.
Dominican University, which is located in River Forest, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a nutrition program. It received a ranking of 35th in the country in 2010. 20 students graduated with degree in nutrition from Dominican University in 2010. Dominican University charged in-state students $25,710 in tuition fees per year.
Nutrition schools in Illinois, charge students an average tuition of $12,221 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $42,041 per year, or as little as $2,814 per year. In 2010, the nutrition schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- University of Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $42,041 per year
- Loyola University Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,114 per year
- Dominican University - located in River Forest, students are charged $25,710 per year
The nutrition schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Harper College - located in Palatine, students are charged $2,814 per year
- City Colleges of Chicago-Harold Washington College - located in Chicago, students are charged $3,010 per year
- City Colleges of Chicago-Kennedy-King College - located in Chicago, students are charged $3,010 per year
A nutrition degree from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of nutrition graduates in Illinois pursue careers as a nutritionist. In 2010, there were 2,120 nutritionists working in Illinois. The Illinois counties with the largest populations of nutritionists are:
- Cook County - 1,390 nutritionists
- Lake County - 200 nutritionists
- Marshall County - 70 nutritionists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 2,360 nutritionists will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of nutritionists to grow by 6%.
On average, nutritionists earn $49,940 per year. However, this number is only an average. nutritionists in Illinois had varying salaries from $20,330 to $73,390 per year in 2010. The following counties in Illinois have the highest average salaries for nutritionists:
- Cook County - $52,020 per year
- Boone County - $49,550 per year
- Edwards County - $45,290 per year
The Illinois counties with the lowest average salary for nutritionists are:
- Lake County - $40,150 per year
- Marshall County - $42,020 per year
- Adams County - $44,400 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in nutrition and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse practitioning or healthcare.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nutrition in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Nutrition in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Nutrition in Illinois
- Certificate in Nutrition in Illinois
Curious what studying Nutrition gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists||2,120||$49,940||11.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nutrition related jobs in Illinois