There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in Illinois
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Illinois students graduate with degrees in occupational therapy. That means an estimated 260 occupational therapists graduate from Illinois' 17 occupational therapy schools each year.
University of Illinois at Chicago, which was ranked 29th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a occupational therapy program. It is located in Chicago. 35 students graduated with a degree in occupational therapy from University of Illinois at Chicago in 2010. University of Illinois at Chicago charged in-state students $12,053 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois with a occupational therapy program is McKendree University, which is located in Lebanon. In 2010, it was ranked 41st nationwide. 1 students graduated with degree in occupational therapy from McKendree University in 2010. The tuition rate at McKendree University was $23,130 per year.
Rend Lake College, which was ranked 41st nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a occupational therapy program. It is located in Ina. 3 students graduated with degree in occupational therapy from Rend Lake College in 2010. Rend Lake College charged in-state students $2,550 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Illinois' occupational therapy schools ranges from $23,130 per year to $2,520 per year. But, the average tuition is $4,418 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Illinois occupational therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- McKendree University - located in Lebanon, students are charged $23,130 per year
- University of Illinois at Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $12,053 per year
- Chicago State University - located in Chicago, students are charged $8,752 per year
The occupational therapy schools in Illinois that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- John A Logan College - located in Carterville, students are charged $2,520 per year
- Rend Lake College - located in Ina, students are charged $2,550 per year
- Southeastern Illinois College - located in Harrisburg, students are charged $2,610 per year
An occupational therapy degree from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of occupational therapy graduates in Illinois pursue careers as an occupational therapist. 4,380 occupational therapists were working in Illinois in 2010. The largest populations of Illinois occupational therapists are working in the following counties:
- Cook County - 3,090 occupational therapists
- Lake County - 270 occupational therapists
- Edwards County - 120 occupational therapists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 5,650 occupational therapists will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of occupational therapists to grow by 28%.
On average, an occupational therapist earns a salary of $74,020 per year in Illinois state. However, this number is only an average. occupational therapists in Illinois had varying salaries from $18,820 to $125,580 per year in 2010. An occupational therapist in the following Illinois counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Champaign County - $87,030 per year
- Adams County - $84,720 per year
- Clark County - $77,170 per year
The Illinois counties with the lowest average salary for occupational therapists are:
- Bureau County - $49,220 per year
- Menard County - $52,150 per year
- Edwards County - $57,040 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in occupational therapy. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Occupational Therapy in Illinois
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||1,420||$50,730||29.1%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||490||$33,790||-19.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in Illinois