There are schools offering paralegal programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in Illinois
Loyola University Chicago, which is located in Chicago, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Loyola University Chicago graduated 83 students from its paralegal program. The tuition rate at Loyola University Chicago was $32,114 per year.
ITT Technical Institute-Mount Prospect, which is located in Mount Prospect, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 0 students graduated from ITT Technical Institute-Mount Prospect paralegal program. The tuition rate at ITT Technical Institute-Mount Prospect was $18,048 per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois that has a paralegal program is Southern Illinois University Carbondale. Southern Illinois University Carbondale, which was ranked 70th in the country in 2010, is located in Carbondale. 27 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Southern Illinois University Carbondale in 2010. Southern Illinois University Carbondale charged in-state students $10,468 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Illinois paralegal school, average tuition will be $11,448 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $2,194 per year to $32,114 per year. In 2010, the paralegal schools that charged the highest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Loyola University Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,114 per year
- Lewis University - located in Romeoville, students are charged $23,780 per year
- Roosevelt University - located in Chicago, students are charged $23,300 per year
The paralegal schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Elgin Community College - located in Elgin, students are charged $2,194 per year
- Southwestern Illinois College - located in Belleville, students are charged $2,604 per year
- Illinois Central College - located in Peoria, students are charged $2,790 per year
A paralegal degree from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of paralegal graduates in Illinois pursue careers as a paralegal. Illinois had 9,010 paralegals in 2010. The Illinois counties with the largest populations of paralegals are:
- Cook County - 7,510 paralegals
- Lake County - 320 paralegals
- Marshall County - 190 paralegals
The government projects that the number of paralegals in Illinois will grow by 25%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 11,240 paralegals working in Illinois.
On average, a paralegal earns a salary of $52,700 per year in Illinois state. In 2010, however, some Illinois paralegals earned as little as less than $20,790 per year or as much as more than $85,830 per year. On average a paralegal earns the most in the following Illinois counties:
- Boone County - $54,390 per year
- Cook County - $53,740 per year
- Menard County - $53,640 per year
The following counties in Illinois have the lowest average salaries for paralegals:
- Champaign County - $31,660 per year
- Clark County - $34,220 per year
- Adams County - $40,200 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in Illinois
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in Illinois
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||9,010||$52,700||44.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in Illinois