There are schools offering personal training certifications in Illinois!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in Illinois
Elmhurst College, which was ranked 35th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a personal training program. It is located in Elmhurst. In 2010, Elmhurst College graduated no students from its personal training program. Elmhurst College charged in-state students $28,660 in tuition fees per year.
North Central College, which was ranked 35th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a personal training program. It is located in Naperville. 4 students graduated with degree in personal training from North Central College in 2010. The tuition rate at North Central College was $28,224 per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois that has a personal training program is Millikin University. Millikin University, which was ranked 38th in the country in 2010, is located in Decatur. 5 students graduated with degree in personal training from Millikin University in 2010. Students at Millikin University paid $27,525 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at Illinois' personal training schools ranges from $28,660 per year to $3,010 per year. But, the average tuition is $19,028 per year. In 2010, the following Illinois personal training schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Elmhurst College - located in Elmhurst, students are charged $28,660 per year
- North Central College - located in Naperville, students are charged $28,224 per year
- Millikin University - located in Decatur, students are charged $27,525 per year
The following Illinois personal training schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- City Colleges of Chicago-Malcolm X College - located in Chicago, students are charged $3,010 per year
- Eastern Illinois University - located in Charleston, students are charged $9,987 per year
- Western Illinois University - located in Macomb, students are charged $10,149 per year
A personal training degree from an Illinois school... what next?
Most people who graduate from personal training school in Illinois go on to work as a personal trainer. Illinois had 10,950 personal trainers in 2010. The Illinois counties with the largest populations of personal trainers are:
- Cook County - 8,080 personal trainers
- Lake County - 530 personal trainers
- Adams County - 300 personal trainers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of personal trainers in the state of Illinois will grow to 17,750. This would require a 30% growth in the profession.
A personal trainer in Illinois makes an average of $34,730 per year. However, this number is only an average. personal trainers in Illinois had varying salaries from $15,690 to $84,820 per year in 2010. On average a personal trainer earns the most in the following Illinois counties:
- Lake County - $51,470 per year
- McLean County - $40,190 per year
- Champaign County - $38,710 per year
The following counties in Illinois have the lowest average salaries for personal trainers:
- Macon County - $19,820 per year
- Edwards County - $20,250 per year
- Marshall County - $21,090 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in personal training. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in Illinois
- Certificate in Personal Training in Illinois
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||10,950||$34,730||19.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in Illinois