There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in Illinois
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of Illinois receive pharmacy technician training certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 811 pharmacy technicians graduate from Illinois' 24 pharmacy technician schools.
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a pharmacy technician program is Zarem Golde ORT Technical Institute. Zarem Golde ORT Technical Institute, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in Skokie. In 2010, 14 students graduated from Zarem Golde ORT Technical Institute's pharmacy technician program.
Everest College-Skokie, which was ranked 72nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a pharmacy technician program. It is located in Skokie. In 2010, 39 students graduated from Everest College-Skokie pharmacy technician program.
The third-ranked school in Illinois with a pharmacy technician program is Everest College-Merrionette Park, which is located in Alsip. In 2010, it was ranked 75th nationwide. 116 students graduated with certificate in pharmacy technician from Everest College-Merrionette Park in 2010. Everest College-Merrionette Park charged in-state students $0 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Illinois' pharmacy technician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,362 per year, though tuition can range from $20,980 per year to $2,690 per year. The Illinois pharmacy technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Northwestern College - located in Chicago, students are charged $20,980 per year
- Northwestern College-Southwestern Campus - located in Bridgeview, students are charged $20,900 per year
- Robert Morris University Illinois - located in Chicago, students are charged $20,100 per year
The pharmacy technician schools in Illinois that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Richland Community College - located in Decatur, students are charged $2,690 per year
- Oakton Community College - located in Des Plaines, students are charged $2,750 per year
- Illinois Eastern Community Colleges-Lincoln Trail College - located in Robinson, students are charged $2,772 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of pharmacy technician graduates in Illinois pursue careers as a pharmacy technician. In 2010, there were 15,340 pharmacy technicians working in Illinois. The Illinois counties with the largest populations of pharmacy technicians are:
- Cook County - 8,780 pharmacy technicians
- Lake County - 1,120 pharmacy technicians
- Marshall County - 760 pharmacy technicians
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of pharmacy technicians is expected to grow by 23% by 2018. There are projected to be 20,800 pharmacy technicians working in the Illinois then.
On average, pharmacy technicians earn $29,500 per year. However, Illinois pharmacy technicians earned anywhere in the range from as less than $15,940 per year to more than $52,960 per year in 2010. The following counties in Illinois have the highest average salaries for pharmacy technicians:
- Champaign County - $31,500 per year
- Cook County - $31,030 per year
- Macon County - $30,890 per year
The following counties in Illinois have the lowest average salaries for pharmacy technicians:
- Marshall County - $25,400 per year
- Clark County - $25,700 per year
- Menard County - $27,040 per year
For more data regarding a career in pharmacy technician training in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or physician assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in Illinois
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in Illinois
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in Illinois