There are schools offering physical therapy assistant programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Assisting Programs in Illinois
Around 0.1% of Illinois's graduates graduate from physical therapy assisting degree programs every year. Thus, Illinois' 10 physical therapy assistant schools put out approximately 202 physical therapy assistants each year.
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a physical therapy assistant program. It is located in Carbondale. 27 students graduated with a degree in physical therapy assistant from Southern Illinois University Carbondale in 2010. The tuition rate at Southern Illinois University Carbondale was $10,468 per year.
Kaskaskia College, which is located in Centralia, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a physical therapy assistant program. It received a ranking of 82nd in the country in 2010. 13 students graduated with degree in physical therapy assistant from Kaskaskia College in 2010. Kaskaskia College charged in-state students $2,816 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois that has a physical therapy assistant program is Illinois Central College. Illinois Central College, which was ranked 84th in the country in 2010, is located in Peoria. In 2010, 22 students graduated from Illinois Central College physical therapy assistant program. The tuition rate at Illinois Central College was $2,790 per year.
Physical therapy assistant schools in Illinois, charge students an average tuition of $3,656 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $10,468 per year, or as little as $2,194 per year. In 2010, the following Illinois physical therapy assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale - located in Carbondale, students are charged $10,468 per year
- College of DuPage - located in Glen Ellyn, students are charged $4,128 per year
- Morton College - located in Cicero, students are charged $3,188 per year
The following Illinois physical therapy assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Elgin Community College - located in Elgin, students are charged $2,194 per year
- Southwestern Illinois College - located in Belleville, students are charged $2,604 per year
- Oakton Community College - located in Des Plaines, students are charged $2,750 per year
A physical therapy assistant degree from an Illinois school... what next?
A large number of Illinois physical therapy assistant graduates become physical therapy assistants. 3,450 physical therapy assistants were working in Illinois in 2010. In Illinois, the largest numbers of physical therapy assistants work in the following counties:
- Cook County - 1,840 physical therapy assistants
- Lake County - 370 physical therapy assistants
- Edwards County - 190 physical therapy assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of physical therapy assistants is expected to grow by 29% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,660 physical therapy assistants working in the Illinois then.
On average, a physical therapy assistant earns a salary of $49,590 per year in Illinois state. But, salaries for physical therapy assistants can vary. In 2010, physical therapy assistants made as little as less than $19,510 per year or as much as more than $78,080 per year in Illinois. The following counties in Illinois have the highest average salaries for physical therapy assistants:
- Lake County - $52,370 per year
- Cook County - $51,700 per year
- Boone County - $50,830 per year
A physical therapy assistant in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Menard County - $38,070 per year
- McLean County - $39,060 per year
- Marshall County - $45,310 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in physical therapy assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy Assisting in Illinois
Curious what studying Physical Therapy Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||3,450||$49,590||38.6%|
|Physical Therapist Aides||1,900||$24,850||-23.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy assistant related jobs in Illinois