There are schools offering physical therapy programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Programs in Illinois
Northwestern University, which was ranked 7th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a physical therapy program. It is located in Evanston. 69 students graduated with a degree in physical therapy from Northwestern University in 2010. Tuition at Northwestern University was $40,223 per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois with a physical therapy program is University of Illinois at Chicago, which is located in Chicago. In 2010, it was ranked 29th nationwide. 36 students graduated with degree in physical therapy from University of Illinois at Chicago in 2010. Students at University of Illinois at Chicago paid $12,053 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in Illinois that has a physical therapy program is Bradley University. Bradley University, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in Peoria. 20 students graduated with degree in physical therapy from Bradley University in 2010. The tuition rate at Bradley University was $25,424 per year.
Physical therapy schools in Illinois, charge students an average tuition of $13,500 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,223 per year, or as little as $8,752 per year. The Illinois physical therapy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Northwestern University - located in Evanston, students are charged $40,223 per year
- Bradley University - located in Peoria, students are charged $25,424 per year
- Trinity International University - located in Deerfield, students are charged $23,370 per year
The physical therapy schools in Illinois that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Chicago State University - located in Chicago, students are charged $8,752 per year
- Northern Illinois University - located in Dekalb, students are charged $11,676 per year
- University of Illinois at Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $12,053 per year
A physical therapy degree from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of physical therapy graduates in Illinois pursue careers as a physical therapist. 8,130 physical therapists were working in Illinois in 2010. The largest populations of Illinois physical therapists are working in the following counties:
- Cook County - 5,590 physical therapists
- Lake County - 490 physical therapists
- Marshall County - 220 physical therapists
The government projects that the number of physical therapists in Illinois will grow by 29%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 9,570 physical therapists working in Illinois.
On average, physical therapists earn $79,070 per year. But, salaries for physical therapists can vary. In 2010, physical therapists made as little as less than $31,970 per year or as much as more than $118,170 per year in Illinois. A physical therapist in the following Illinois counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Macon County - $88,140 per year
- Champaign County - $82,480 per year
- Adams County - $81,960 per year
A physical therapist in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Marshall County - $67,500 per year
- Bureau County - $69,150 per year
- Menard County - $72,380 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in physical therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or sports medicine.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Physical Therapy in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy in Illinois
Curious what studying Physical Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy related jobs in Illinois