There are schools offering radiology technician programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Radiology Programs in Illinois
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a radiology technician program is North Central College. North Central College, which was ranked 35th in the country in 2010, is located in Naperville. no students graduated with a degree in radiology technician from North Central College in 2010. Tuition at North Central College was $28,224 per year.
University of St Francis, which was ranked 42nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Joliet. In 2010, 5 students graduated from University of St Francis radiology technician program. Tuition at University of St Francis was $24,742 per year.
Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences, which was ranked 42nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a radiology technician program. It is located in Rock Island. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences radiology technician program. Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences charged in-state students $13,532 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Illinois' radiology technician schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $5,985 per year, though tuition can range from $28,224 per year to $2,194 per year. The Illinois radiology technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- North Central College - located in Naperville, students are charged $28,224 per year
- University of St Francis - located in Joliet, students are charged $24,742 per year
- Roosevelt University - located in Chicago, students are charged $23,300 per year
The radiology technician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Elgin Community College - located in Elgin, students are charged $2,194 per year
- Rend Lake College - located in Ina, students are charged $2,550 per year
- Southwestern Illinois College - located in Belleville, students are charged $2,604 per year
A radiology technician degree from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of radiology technician graduates in Illinois pursue careers as a radiology technician. 7,670 radiology technicians were working in Illinois in 2010. In Illinois, the largest numbers of radiology technicians work in the following counties:
- Cook County - 4,380 radiology technicians
- Marshall County - 490 radiology technicians
- Lake County - 410 radiology technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 8,470 radiology technicians will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of radiology technicians to grow by 12%.
A radiology technician in Illinois makes an average of $57,540 per year. On average a radiology technician earns the most in the following Illinois counties:
- Lake County - $63,150 per year
- Cook County - $62,100 per year
- Menard County - $55,020 per year
On average, radiology technicians earns the least in the following Illinois counties:
- Clark County - $47,220 per year
- Adams County - $47,350 per year
- Marshall County - $47,430 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in radiology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as radiology technology or x ray technology.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Radiology in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Radiology in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Radiology in Illinois
- Certificate in Radiology in Illinois
Curious what studying Radiology Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physicians and Surgeons, All Other||14,510||$160,140||193.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are radiology technician related jobs in Illinois