There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in Illinois
Each year, approximately 0.1% of Illinois graduates receive degrees in respiratory therapy. In other words, every year an estimated 279 respiratory therapists graduate from Illinois' 15 respiratory therapy schools.
The top-ranked school in Illinois with a respiratory therapy program is Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences, which is located in Rock Island. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, 6 students graduated from Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences' respiratory therapy program. Tuition at Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences was $13,532 per year.
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Carbondale. In 2010, Southern Illinois University Carbondale graduated 0 students from its respiratory therapy program. Tuition at Southern Illinois University Carbondale was $10,468 per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois with a respiratory therapy program is Kaskaskia College, which is located in Centralia. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. In 2010, 13 students graduated from Kaskaskia College respiratory therapy program. The tuition rate at Kaskaskia College was $2,816 per year.
Respiratory therapy schools in Illinois, charge students an average tuition of $5,563 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $18,355 per year, or as little as $2,400 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at Illinois respiratory therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- National-Louis University - located in Chicago, students are charged $18,355 per year
- Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences - located in Rock Island, students are charged $13,532 per year
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale - located in Carbondale, students are charged $10,468 per year
The lowest tuition rates at Illinois respiratory therapy schools were charged at the following schools:
- Rock Valley College - located in Rockford, students are charged $2,400 per year
- Southwestern Illinois College - located in Belleville, students are charged $2,604 per year
- Illinois Central College - located in Peoria, students are charged $2,790 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from an Illinois school... what next?
A large number of Illinois respiratory therapy graduates become respiratory therapists. If you decide to work as a respiratory therapist in Illinois, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,210 Illinois respiratory therapists as of 2010. The Illinois counties with the largest populations of respiratory therapists are:
- Cook County - 2,850 respiratory therapists
- Lake County - 250 respiratory therapists
- Marshall County - 240 respiratory therapists
The government projects that the number of respiratory therapists in Illinois will grow by 23%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 5,320 respiratory therapists working in Illinois.
On average, a respiratory therapist earns a salary of $53,420 per year in Illinois state. However, this number is only an average. respiratory therapists in Illinois had varying salaries from $32,680 to $77,470 per year in 2010. The following counties in Illinois have the highest average salaries for respiratory therapists:
- Boone County - $57,660 per year
- Bureau County - $55,430 per year
- Cook County - $55,060 per year
On average, respiratory therapists earns the least in the following Illinois counties:
- Clark County - $43,410 per year
- Adams County - $45,670 per year
- Marshall County - $46,380 per year
For more data regarding a career in respiratory therapy in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or allied health, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in Illinois
- Certificate in Respiratory Therapy in Illinois
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||600||$43,930||-67.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in Illinois