There are schools offering risk management degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering Risk Management Programs in Illinois
North Central College, which was ranked 35th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a risk management program. It is located in Naperville. In 2010, 2 students graduated from North Central College's risk management program. North Central College charged in-state students $28,224 in tuition fees per year.
Saint Xavier University, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a risk management program. It is located in Chicago. Tuition at Saint Xavier University was $25,520 per year.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, which was ranked 38th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a risk management program. It is located in Champaign. In 2010, 79 students graduated from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign risk management program. Students at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign paid $13,096 per year in tuition fees.
Risk management schools in Illinois, charge students an average tuition of $23,478 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $35,256 per year, or as little as $11,417 per year. The Illinois risk management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Illinois Wesleyan University - located in Bloomington, students are charged $35,256 per year
- North Central College - located in Naperville, students are charged $28,224 per year
- Olivet Nazarene University - located in Bourbonnais, students are charged $25,590 per year
The following Illinois risk management schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Illinois State University - located in Normal, students are charged $11,417 per year
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign - located in Champaign, students are charged $13,096 per year
- Roosevelt University - located in Chicago, students are charged $23,300 per year
A risk management degree from an Illinois school... what next?
Most people who graduate from risk management school in Illinois go on to work as a risk manager. If you decide to work as a risk manager in Illinois, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 7,780 Illinois risk managers as of 2010. In Illinois, the largest numbers of risk managers work in the following counties:
- Cook County - 6,010 risk managers
- Lake County - 730 risk managers
- Menard County - 70 risk managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of risk managers in the state of Illinois will grow to 11,680. This would require a 9% growth in the profession.
On average, risk managers earn $72,070 per year. However, Illinois risk managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,780 per year to more than $118,660 per year in 2010. The counties in Illinois with the highest average salary for a risk manager are:
- Cook County - $75,330 per year
- Menard County - $62,490 per year
- Lake County - $58,360 per year
A risk manager in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Boone County - $38,670 per year
- Adams County - $42,900 per year
- Marshall County - $57,280 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in risk management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management in Illinois
Curious what studying Risk Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Financial Specialists, All Other||7,780||$72,070||-29.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are risk management related jobs in Illinois