There are schools offering school psychology programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering School Psychology Programs in Illinois
Around 0.0% of Illinois's graduates graduate from school psychology degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 185 school psychologists graduate from Illinois' 12 school psychology schools.
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a school psychology program is Loyola University Chicago. Loyola University Chicago, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Chicago. In 2010, 44 students graduated from Loyola University Chicago's school psychology program. The tuition rate at Loyola University Chicago was $32,114 per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois that has a school psychology program is University of Illinois at Chicago. University of Illinois at Chicago, which was ranked 29th in the country in 2010, is located in Chicago. In 2010, 7 students graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago school psychology program. Tuition at University of Illinois at Chicago was $12,053 per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois that has a school psychology program is University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, which was ranked 51st in the country in 2010, is located in Champaign. In 2010, 45 students graduated from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign school psychology program. The tuition rate at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign was $13,096 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of Illinois' school psychology schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $13,881 per year, though tuition can range from $32,114 per year to $8,401 per year. The Illinois school psychology schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Loyola University Chicago - located in Chicago, students are charged $32,114 per year
- DePaul University - located in Chicago, students are charged $28,858 per year
- National-Louis University - located in Chicago, students are charged $18,355 per year
The following Illinois school psychology schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville - located in Edwardsville, students are charged $8,401 per year
- Eastern Illinois University - located in Charleston, students are charged $9,987 per year
- Western Illinois University - located in Macomb, students are charged $10,149 per year
A school psychology degree from an Illinois school... what next?
A large number of Illinois school psychology graduates become school psychologists. In 2010, there were 4,460 school psychologists working in Illinois. The largest populations of Illinois school psychologists are working in the following counties:
- Cook County - 2,980 school psychologists
- Lake County - 410 school psychologists
- Adams County - 130 school psychologists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 6,220 school psychologists will be working in Illinois state. This would require the number of school psychologists to grow by 10%.
On average, a school psychologist earns a salary of $71,730 per year in Illinois state. In 2010, however, some Illinois school psychologists earned as little as less than $31,090 per year or as much as more than $126,180 per year. The following counties in Illinois have the highest average salaries for school psychologists:
- Cook County - $76,270 per year
- Boone County - $73,170 per year
- Edwards County - $69,390 per year
A school psychologist in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Adams County - $50,410 per year
- Clark County - $53,010 per year
- Marshall County - $57,330 per year
For more data regarding a career in school psychology in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or speech therapy, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in School Psychology in Illinois
- Doctoral Degree in School Psychology in Illinois
Curious what studying School Psychology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||4,460||$71,730||-18.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are school psychology related jobs in Illinois