There are schools offering sonography programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Sonography Programs in Illinois
Lewis University, which is located in Romeoville, is the top-ranked school in Illinois that has a sonography program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Lewis University graduated no students from its sonography program. Lewis University charged in-state students $23,780 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois with a sonography program is Benedictine University, which is located in Lisle. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. In 2010, 1 students graduated from Benedictine University sonography program. Benedictine University charged in-state students $23,240 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in Illinois that has a sonography program is Kaskaskia College. Kaskaskia College, which was ranked 82nd in the country in 2010, is located in Centralia. In 2010, Kaskaskia College graduated 9 students from its sonography programs. Kaskaskia College charged in-state students $2,816 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at Illinois' sonography schools ranges from $23,780 per year to $2,520 per year. But, the average tuition is $6,881 per year. In 2010, the following Illinois sonography schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Lewis University - located in Romeoville, students are charged $23,780 per year
- Benedictine University - located in Lisle, students are charged $23,240 per year
- College of DuPage - located in Glen Ellyn, students are charged $4,128 per year
The sonography schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- John A Logan College - located in Carterville, students are charged $2,520 per year
- Harper College - located in Palatine, students are charged $2,814 per year
- Kaskaskia College - located in Centralia, students are charged $2,816 per year
A sonography certificate from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of sonography graduates in Illinois pursue careers as a sonographer. 2,090 sonographers were working in Illinois in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Illinois sonographers:
- Cook County - 1,210 sonographers
- Marshall County - 160 sonographers
- Lake County - 130 sonographers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of sonographers in the state of Illinois will grow to 2,120. This would require a 11% growth in the profession.
On average, a sonographer earns a salary of $70,170 per year in Illinois state. But, salaries for sonographers can vary. In 2010, sonographers made as little as less than $41,570 per year or as much as more than $105,650 per year in Illinois. A sonographer in the following Illinois counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Boone County - $75,390 per year
- Cook County - $74,610 per year
- Lake County - $74,150 per year
The Illinois counties with the lowest average salary for sonographers are:
- Edwards County - $54,510 per year
- Adams County - $55,690 per year
- McLean County - $59,790 per year
For more data regarding a career in sonography in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or sonography, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sonography in Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree in Sonography in Illinois
- Certificate in Sonography in Illinois
Curious what studying Sonography gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||2,090||$70,170||25.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sonography related jobs in Illinois