There are schools offering sports management degrees in Illinois!
Schools Offering Sports Management Programs in Illinois
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a sports management program is Northwestern University. Northwestern University, which was ranked 7th in the country in 2010, is located in Evanston. In 2010, 27 students graduated from Northwestern University's sports management program. Northwestern University charged in-state students $40,223 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in Illinois with a sports management program is Elmhurst College, which is located in Elmhurst. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. 0 students graduated with degree in sports management from Elmhurst College in 2010. Students at Elmhurst College paid $28,660 per year in tuition fees.
North Central College, which is located in Naperville, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a sports management program. It received a ranking of 35th in the country in 2010. In 2010, North Central College graduated 23 students from its sports management programs. North Central College charged in-state students $28,224 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a Illinois sports management school, average tuition will be $22,230 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $10,149 per year to $40,223 per year. The Illinois sports management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Northwestern University - located in Evanston, students are charged $40,223 per year
- Elmhurst College - located in Elmhurst, students are charged $28,660 per year
- North Central College - located in Naperville, students are charged $28,224 per year
The sports management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Western Illinois University - located in Macomb, students are charged $10,149 per year
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale - located in Carbondale, students are charged $10,468 per year
- Northern Illinois University - located in Dekalb, students are charged $11,676 per year
A sports management degree from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of sports management graduates in Illinois pursue careers as a sports manager. If you decide to work as a sports manager in Illinois, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 43,790 Illinois sports managers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of Illinois sports managers:
- Cook County - 30,290 sports managers
- Lake County - 4,280 sports managers
- Marshall County - 1,180 sports managers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of sports managers is expected to grow by 6% by 2018. There are projected to be 96,950 sports managers working in the Illinois then.
On average, a sports manager earns a salary of $95,690 per year in Illinois state. However, Illinois sports managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,450 per year to more than $164,120 per year in 2010. On average a sports manager earns the most in the following Illinois counties:
- Lake County - $102,280 per year
- McLean County - $100,340 per year
- Cook County - $99,430 per year
The following counties in Illinois have the lowest average salaries for sports managers:
- Adams County - $57,440 per year
- Kankakee County - $60,800 per year
- Clark County - $67,830 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional Illinois statistics regarding a career in sports management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business management or sports management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management in Illinois
- Master's Degree in Sports Management in Illinois
Curious what studying Sports Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Managers, All Other||43,790||$95,690||40.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sports management related jobs in Illinois