There are schools offering surgical technologist programs in Illinois!
Schools Offering Surgical Technology Programs in Illinois
Each year, roughly 0.1% of Illinois students graduate with certificates in surgical technology. That means an estimated 210 surgical technologists graduate from Illinois' 17 surgical technologist schools each year.
The top-ranked school in Illinois that has a surgical technologist program is Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences. Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences, which was ranked 64th in the country in 2010, is located in Rock Island. In 2010, Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences graduated 8 students from its surgical technologist program. The tuition rate at Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences was $13,532 per year.
Robert Morris University Illinois, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in Illinois that has a surgical technologist program. It is located in Chicago. In 2010, 24 students graduated from Robert Morris University Illinois surgical technologist program. Students at Robert Morris University Illinois paid $20,100 per year in tuition fees.
Rend Lake College, which is located in Ina, is the third-ranked school in Illinois that has a surgical technologist program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. In 2010, Rend Lake College graduated 1 students from its surgical technologist programs. Rend Lake College charged in-state students $2,550 in tuition fees per year.
Surgical technologist schools in Illinois, charge students an average tuition of $4,468 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $20,100 per year, or as little as $2,194 per year. The Illinois surgical technologist schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Robert Morris University Illinois - located in Chicago, students are charged $20,100 per year
- Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences - located in Rock Island, students are charged $13,532 per year
- College of DuPage - located in Glen Ellyn, students are charged $4,128 per year
The surgical technologist schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in Illinois were:
- Elgin Community College - located in Elgin, students are charged $2,194 per year
- Prairie State College - located in Chicago Heights, students are charged $2,348 per year
- Waubonsee Community College - located in Sugar Grove, students are charged $2,352 per year
A surgical technologist certificate from an Illinois school... what next?
The highest percentage of surgical technologist graduates in Illinois pursue careers as a surgical technologist. In 2010, there were 2,290 surgical technologists working in Illinois. The largest populations of Illinois surgical technologists are working in the following counties:
- Cook County - 1,130 surgical technologists
- Marshall County - 240 surgical technologists
- Lake County - 130 surgical technologists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of surgical technologists is expected to grow by 23% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,100 surgical technologists working in the Illinois then.
On average, a surgical technologist earns a salary of $41,740 per year in Illinois state. But, salaries for surgical technologists can vary. In 2010, surgical technologists made as little as less than $21,780 per year or as much as more than $80,640 per year in Illinois. The following counties in Illinois have the highest average salaries for surgical technologists:
- Lake County - $50,620 per year
- Cook County - $43,710 per year
- Boone County - $42,910 per year
A surgical technologist in the following counties in Illinois make the lowest salaries on average:
- Edwards County - $34,740 per year
- Adams County - $36,780 per year
- Marshall County - $37,700 per year
For more data regarding a career in surgical technology in Illinois and to compare salaries with various related fields such as x ray technology or health science, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology in Illinois
- Certificate in Surgical Technology in Illinois
Curious what studying Surgical Technologist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in Illinois
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are surgical technologist related jobs in Illinois